ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling capture is not working

<< < (7/14) > >>

mouser:
ok no more tests needed, im going to have to rewrite scrolling capture from scratch. stay tuned.

J-Mac:
That is exactly what always happens to me when I try to capture a scrolling window in the browser - any browser. Notepad was the first time it didn't flash like that, though it messed up the numbers.

Thanks!

Jim

mouser:
Ok i'm about 50% done with the rewrite of scrolling capture.

mouser:
Ok so let me talk a little bit about my scrolling capture plans.

I have rewritten the scrolling capture code from scratch, and i currently have a FRAGILE version of it working with the new method.

I would appreciate those especially on windows 7 who tried the notepad test and it failed, to give this new alpha version a try:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/downloads/alpha/ScreenshotCaptor.zip

NOTE: This zip contains a replacement exe that you need to copy into your existing SC folder over your existing exe file -- it will not work if you just try to run it on its own because it lacks the other files SC needs to run..

Now, do *not* expect this to work on all kinds of advanced windows like firefox, etc.  I'm more interested if it works on notepad and when/why not.

The old method used a windows api drawing trick to figure out where to stitch images; the new method uses what i believe most modern scrolling capture tools now use -- which is basically to align images based on overlapping content.

The current code does a reasonable job in lots of cases, but is not perfect.

So here is what I plan:

Rather than stitching on the fly with hard-to-configure options, I propose to add a serious best-in-class scrolling capture function to Screenshot Captor.

Basically when you select that you want to do a scrolling capture, a dialog will come up with some (remembered per application) options that will let you tweak various aspects of the scrolling capture attempt -- necessary since different programs need different techniques.  This will also allow user to customize some other options for the capture -- region area, max # of pages,

SC will then capture a large number of images to disk, and then stitch them together AFTER THE FACT, rather than on the fly.  This should enable one to do a much better job of automatic stitching, as well as allow post-capture tweaking of the stitching settings, which should let you tweak up any misalignment, etc. and choose to break up the stitched image into multiple images if it's too large, etc.

So anyway, i'm going to play with this new on-the-fly stiching for a bit, and then return to write the deluxe scrolling capture later.

mouser:
Note:
The current code scrolls by pages when capturing -- which is very fast but can make alignment more difficult; i will probably be messing with this in upcoming test versions to try to balance speed vs accuracy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version