ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Scrolling capture is not working

<< < (4/14) > >>

mouser:
Tomos, that is an important clue.

So can i confirm -- with "windows 7 basic" you get a good capture, but with other themes you don't?

tomos:
Tomos, that is an important clue.

So can i confirm -- with "windows 7 basic" you get a good capture, but with other themes you don't?
-mouser (September 06, 2011, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, with "windows 7 basic" theme, I got a good capture [1] earlier of those numbers, using your instructions, in notepad. I just did another -same theme- [2] which isn't quite as good (see the white spaces, but no doubling up of numbers).

[1]Scrolling capture is not working

[2]Scrolling capture is not working

only difference between the two was the time of day, and that I made the Notepad window narrower for [2]

mouser:
The extra white space cannot be solved -- it has to do with the way notepad displays windows contents and never displays a partial line at the bottom.

Ok so this is a key clue for me that my code is not properly accounting for windows 7 themes..  I will try to fix that first, and then see what problems remain for people after that.  At least that gives me a much narrower scope of issue to focus on for now.

Thanks  :up:

tomos:
The extra white space cannot be solved -- it has to do with the way notepad displays windows contents and never displays a partial line at the bottom.
-mouser (September 06, 2011, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

now that I think of it, there was white space below the last visible number - I think I reduced this for the first shot but not for the second.
Good luck on your journey into the autoscroll  :D

mouser:
now that I think of it, there was white space below the last visible number - I think I reduced this for the first shot but not for the second.
--- End quote ---

right.  so to get a smooth shot with no whitespace between pages you would just shorten the window height in notepad until there was not so much extra whitespace at the bottom of the window.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version