Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 08:46:32 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Newsletter for May 5th, 2011 - "Calming Breeze"  (Read 13136 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:56:36 PM »

Newsletter for May 5th, 2011
"Calming Breeze"

1. Newsletter Editorial

Warmer weather and tornadoes seem to signal the beginning of summer in the Midwest, and it's time for another DC newsletter.  Since we last spoke the fundraiser wrapped up, with a whopping $14,239 donated by over 600 individual donors -- a huge success and enough to cover our hosting and administrative fees for the next two years.  Hooray! A giant thank you to everyone who donated, and cheered us on during the fundraiser and especially to those coders and writers on the forum who helped us make the fundraiser month something special.  And if you somehow missed the fundraiser don't forget that we accept donations year round.

Things have been understandably a little less raucous for the last month following the fundraiser -- so this will be a short newsletter.  And it woud be a great time for some of you first posters to introduce yourself on the forum or ask a question:

2. Software Updates

One of the prizes awarded during the fundraiser was some allocated programming hours by me on a project of the winner's choosing.  DC member Cranioscopical won and requested that I finally add image capture support to my clipboard tool (Clipboard Help+Spell).  I must admit I have been having fun adding the feature, and you'll find a new BETA release of CHS available for download with image capturing support working quite well.  You'll also find a link below to the new evolution of my Flipbook Printer program, called Flipbook Printer Suite 2.0 -- with full support for recording video in addition to printing flipbooks.

3. Discounts and Giveaways

Members of our forum frequently reach out to shareware companies and arrange software discounts and give-aways.  In addition, forum members are always on the lookout for discounts that they find on the web and they love to share with the rest of us.

This Month's Special Discounts and Giveaways:

4. Website Discoveries, Debates, and Discussions

What's new in cyberspace? What exciting new sites have been discovered by forum members?  What's the current hot topic and debate? Read on to find out..

5. Fun, Humour and Amusements on the Web

If you've read the newsletter up to this point, take a break and check out the lighter side of the forum - humour, videos, and games..

6. Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Sometimes coders announce their software (freeware and shareware) on our site; here are some announcements made in the last month or so:

7. Software Discussion

Here you'll find some of the standout discussions that have been started since the last newsletter about specific software applications.

8. Developer's Corner

The title of this section shouldn't scare you off - there is definitely something of interest for everyone here! It's more than just a section for the discussion of software development, it's also where we discuss web design, entrepreneurial ideas, and general productivity issues.  It's great to see that the section has been pretty active recently.

9. Hardware Hideout

We tend to focus on websites and software on the forum, but that doesn't mean that DC forum members aren't always on the lookout for cool new gadgets and information on maximizing their computer's performance.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 08:40:51 PM by mouser » Logged
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »

That's a nice and to the point newsletter this month, thanks thumbs up

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 02:55:36 PM »

Nice one!  thumbs up thumbs up

Chris
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 03:23:18 PM »

Thanks as ever smiley Thmbsup

I cant seem to find info about the discounts - BonAView PhotoManager & Color Schemer Studio - I think the thread(s) might not have been posted yet?
or I'm being blind & missing them...

Tom
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 03:24:33 PM »

you are correct, they haven't been posted yet, though you can enter the giveaway for them.
Midnight Rambler
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »

Glad to read of the fundraiser results.  Honestly would miss this site.

Compaq Presario 5716 (98), Dell Dimension 4700 (XP), Lenovo ThinkPad R61i (Vista), Lenovo ThinkPad T530 (Win 7).
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 09:41:49 PM »

Am I the only one who just got an e-mail about this (month old) newsletter? huh

skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 09:45:07 PM »

Nope.   ohmy

WickdFin
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 10:49:44 PM »

I think it got lost in the post! I got my email today too  huh
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 11:07:37 PM »

I did too?  tellme

skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »

I think mouser is going to wake up and have an, "Oh, f#$%," moment.   tongue

Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 12:22:44 AM »

Yup, surely it's because of the Canadian post strike. Got mine "yesterday" -- June 12. Grin

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:39 AM »

oops Sad

I think mouser is going to wake up and have an, "Oh, f#$%," moment.

exactly.  have been playing board games for the last 4 hours with the dc server admin and 2 other friends.  wasn't the smartest thing to do to press send and not even check back in until now.  bad show thumb down
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 10:25:10 AM »

Grin Well, on a positive note, the Newsletter was a still a nice read ! thanks !

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.056s | Server load: 0.11 ]