ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Daily Autohotkey

(1/4) > >>

mahesh2k:
I don't know if this topic is posted already in some another sub-forum. I thought it's good idea to see what autohotkey apps are most of us are using on daily basis. Or apps made in autohotkey that you can't live without ? Just wanted to see if there are some good autohotkey apps that are missing from my radar or are worth to use to save time everyday on computer.  :-)

AbteriX:
Daily Autohotkey? Good idea ( i loved to read DailyVIM too)

-

One script of mine is to translate english to german.
I am german and can't english very well, so i use QuickDic (a little free portable app) to my translation aid.

Usually i do
- select an word
- copy to clipboard
- focus QuickDic
- paste in the word - read - and minimize QuickDic

Now i have  handicrafts an ahk script to help me doing this more easier and quicker.

I don't say that this is done well, just showing an idea:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---;  # Win,  ! Alt,  ^ Control,  + Shift, RControl Right Control RControl & ^Q:: send ^c                 ;current selection to clipboard ;SetTitleMatchMode, 2   ;1: must start with    ;2: can contain         ;3: must exactly match  ;SendMode, Input         IfWinExist, QuickDic {   WinActivate, QuickDic } Else {   DetectHiddenWindows, On ;see invisible windows - zB um Windows im Tray zu erkennen   WinRestore, QuickDic        ;Un-minimizes or un-maximizes } IfWinActive, QuickDic        send ^a  ;select all for overwriting        send ^v  ;pastereturn

Hmm, it seams that the Code Highlighting for AutoHotkey is somehow broken?
So again in AutoIt:

EDIT:
ahh, i see the Code Highlighting for AutoHotkey is only messed up in the preview (with FireFox) and looks ok once posted.

Ath:
Why would you want to limit that request to AutoHotKey apps?
And there are several other threads on most used/useful apps already ;D

nosh:
There's a numlock always on script posted by lanux that I have in my startup.

Here.

Nisun:
The only AHK app I use daily is Belvedere. I use it to clean out my Firefox "Downloads" folder. I'm a bit of a download hoarder, and I forget/neglect to clean out the downloads, so I just have Belvedere delete everything over 3 days old. Keeps me from getting confused, or using older versions for installs.

http://lifehacker.com/341950/belvedere-automates-your-self+cleaning-pc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version