ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

After PSN. Who's next?

<< < (6/7) > >>

Deozaan:
I'm not happy with LastPass right now. >:(

I just went out of town today to stay at my sister's house for the weekend. I tried to sign into LastPass so I could sign into my other accounts, but due to this recent anomaly they wanted me to verify that I was myself. They did this by sending me an e-mail.

How am I supposed to log into my e-mail account to get the verification e-mail when my 40 character password to my e-mail account is stored away in my LastPass account that I can't log in to until I verify my e-mail?

>:( :mad: >:( :mad: :down:

phitsc:
How am I supposed to log into my e-mail account to get the verification e-mail when my 40 character password to my e-mail account is stored away in my LastPass account that I can't log in to until I verify my e-mail?

>:( :mad: >:( :mad: :down:
-Deozaan (May 06, 2011, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a 2.8E64 years brute force attack (according to the Excel sheet from here) ;D

Lashiec:
-Deozaan (May 06, 2011, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

And this why you should always know what the password to your e-mail account is, since it's your ID around the web. And a 40 character passphrase should be strong enough, I guess :D

Deozaan:
But LastPass was supposed to be the last password I'd need to remember.

Ever.

Says so right on their website and Twitter profile.

cthorpe:
I know it sucks that you can't access anything right now, but the fact that you can't actually points to LastPass doing its job.  There is a chance, however slim that may be, that your encrypted password was accessed by a third party.  You are trying to log in from an ip address outside of your home isp's block.  From their end, you could very well be one of the hackers.

I'd take inconvenience over lax security.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version