ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Delicious' new home..

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:
after suffering much apathy under Yahoo!, Delicious has now been acquired by the founders of YouTube. i happened to receive an email inviting me to move my bookmarks to the new service, Avos. this is just a heads-up in case anyone else still uses Delicious' service.

• http://www.delicious.com/help/transition

allen:
There seems to be some concern about the migration, namely with regards to privacy and censorship.

I haven't really paid too much attention, though--I switched to pinboard some time ago and haven't looked back.

wraith808:
^ Looks interesting.  I'd not heard of pinboard before.

dantheman:
Hadn't heard of Pinboard before either.
Where was it hidding?

When Diigo came out, it had to contend with established biggies like Delicious.us and Furl.
Since then Furl is no more and Delicious, well...
Diigo has come a long way and seems to be pretty well no.1

Spurl (r.i.p.) looked quite promising at the time.
Will this Pinboard be a serious contender?
Time will tell, but it's simplicity and speed may find a big fan club.

allen:
I actually worked on the spurl search engine once upon a time... but that was a while ago! I haven't heard that name in a long time.  It was a great service, but at the time there was quite a bit of saturation in the web-based bookmarking market. Furl looked like the clear leader, at the time, but in the end I guess it was del.icio.us with its simplicity coupled with social underpinnings. Pinboard has emphasized the former, focusing on raw, simple utility.  I think it is here to stay -- they seem to know what they're doing, on a technical level but as always, in the long run, we'll see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version