ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Delicious' new home..

<< < (2/2)

iphigenie:
I use diigo as my main bookmark service -mostly I started using it due to some of the cool features such as highlighting/annotation, lists but first and foremost the "keep a cached copy" (and full content search that comes with it, meaning i dont have to waste time tagging/organising). So I bookmark specific content in diigo. But I use delicious as a backup (can be automatic with diigo) because:
- almost every service/site out there will integrate with delicious, but almost no other bookmarking service
- many more people seem to use delicious as main or backup than any other service, so my network on delicious often produces great discoveries

But yeah, i'm not sure what will happen and a little concerned, but with the api and export tools it is easy to keep copies of a lot of the information. Of course if you invested a lot in organising tag bundles etc. you might lose a lot more than me who just bookmarks.

phitsc:
I'm still happy with delicious, although I'm neither using it extensively nor socially ;)

dantheman:
del.icio.us - thanks for the correction Allen!

I had high hopes with Spurl but i guess they had issues with spammers and hackers?

Diigo is handy and after so many years,
an ol' timer like myself needs to be more than convinced in order to change games.

Newcomers will likely be the main ones to find their way to Pinboard rather than people who have been used other bookmarking services for years. There may be a new wave of Delicious users since it has been recently (finally!) sold by Yahoo.

p.s. was this there yesterday? Pinboard is charging $9.33 for new accounts?

wraith808:
p.s. was this there yesterday? Pinboard is charging $9.33 for new accounts?
-dantheman (May 06, 2011, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it was.  It's a set one time sign-up fee, that increases as they increase the number of users.  I actually like it as (1) it helps to keep the spambots away, and (2) they are already to a limited extent monetizing each user.  It's actually the reason I'm thinking about joining.

phitsc:
What I really like about delicious is its excellent Firefox plugin (I never actually use the web site directly). But I guess services like Pinboard or Diigo have that as well. (?)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version