ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

should I ragequit?

<< < (9/9)

Stoic Joker:
You seem like a good guy, and I like Ya, but...

So once the guilt has been established by whomever, anyone can carry out the sentence?
-housetier (May 03, 2011, 10:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's no whomever involved here. Were talking about a first person style-  I Did It - video confession. There was no remorse or appology. He showed great pride in his handywork. That's about as guilty as you can get.

What would you expect then to have for a trial defense? Say he was just kidding about the video?

I'm with mrainey, I'd have shot him and gone to lunch.

Shades:
Most talk (relatively) light-hearted about taking someone's life.

Having spent quite some time fulfilling my duty to my country, I have not spent too much time on the firing range, because:
a) Communication was exempt from a lot of military stuff, as the army thinks it is a waste spending time and effort on people that can be blown to bits 24 hours a day in an active war zone.
b) The time I did spent there I contemplated that I would get into mental trouble should a human being replace the target cards.

Last week I saw an episode of 'Game of Thrones' and there one character spoke some wise words...The one who gives the death sentence should carry it out as well.

Now if someone deserved to die it was Osama Bin Laden, so I agree with the common consensus here. Then again, I do understand where housetier is coming from.

wraith808:
Last week I saw an episode of 'Game of Thrones' and there one character spoke some wise words...The one who gives the death sentence should carry it out as well.
-Shades (May 03, 2011, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Definitely.  It's not just our media that de-emphasizes the value of human life and desensitizes the act of taking a life, but our weapons do also, along with our very language.  The more you can separate the act from the thought, the easier it is to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version