ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Congratz to the US Military Forces!

<< < (17/23) > >>

cmpm:
If obl had anything to do with 9-11, I'd pull the trigger, and end his life here.
My opinion.

I agree with Carol about the Iraq war being illegal.
Afghanistan is another story, but similar.

Everyone will die, how that happens is a quality of life expectation.

obl choose his form of death.
Many did not, like 9-11. As well as all untimely deaths.
Like the collateral damage on both sides and friendly fire, that is a sure sign of incompetence.

We see people die prematurely too much.
To the point of it being accepted, or indifferent and negligent to it's implications.

That's all I feel I can say here, since the subject is up.

Renegade:
Like the collateral damage on both sides and friendly fire, that is a sure sign of incompetence.
-cmpm (May 04, 2011, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I believe the technical excuse is "fog of war". :)

wraith808:
A possibility just crossed my mind - what if they have him alive in a dungeon somewhere? Would make perfect sense from a counter-terrorism POV. No accusations of torture, easy to produce and verify DNA evidence and show the world it was indeed him, even easy to fake death images or video if you have the guy alive.
-nosh (May 03, 2011, 11:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was my thought also, truthfully.  Though the faked images/video could be outed- so I'd think that if they are required to provide them, they'll be real...

And another thought for conspiracy theorists... given that the terrorists are willing to sacrifice themselves for their cause, what if this was intentional?  Give up bin Laden, and the American will to fight this war vanishes.  (Of course, I'd think he'd want a more violent last stand, i.e. a true sacrifice to martyr himself, but that might have had the opposite effect...)

Stoic Joker:
(Of course, I'd think he'd want a more violent last stand, i.e. a true sacrifice to martyr himself, but that might have had the opposite effect...)-wraith808 (May 04, 2011, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heroes tend to go out in a blaze-of-glory, and/or sometime survive. For a martyr, on the other hand, survival is a complication. As the object is/was/and always will be, to end up dead in an emotionally provocative fashion. OBL's role was to be played (to his audience) as that of a victimized holy man. As opposed to being seen (machine-guns-A-blazing) as a mad-dog killer.

wraith808:
^ The slow revelation of information- especially the fact that he was unarmed- then does say that this scenario might have played out.  Especially after search for so long, and finding him in such an open location.  But that's just a conspiracy theory...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version