ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Congratz to the US Military Forces!

<< < (16/23) > >>

Renegade:
You're really going for that clown badge, aren't you?   :mad:

Funny tho!  :P
-nosh (May 03, 2011, 11:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hell yeah~!

phitsc:
I am hearing how OBL should have had a trial. Without taking any position on that I wonder:
1. where it would have been held. If he wasn't extradited to the USA with all legal formalities observed, could the defence have got him off on a technicality?
2. Would his entitlement to a "fair" trial be jeopardized by the publicity/reporting since 9/11. I would imagine defence lawyers rejecting jurors wholesale.
3. Whilst he was awaiting trial, how would the increase in hostage taking by pro-OBL elements be countered?

I'm sure there must be another thousand practical issues to be considered ... so easy to call for a trial as a spectator. Buggered if I know the answer.
-tsaint (May 03, 2011, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Something similar to the ICTY for example. There are some big names on their list. People just as bad as OBL (like Karadzic, Milosevic or Mladic).

I think the US did not communicate the whole situation well (well, they probably did for US citizens, but probably not for most of the rest of the world). Had they said that they tried to seize him, but had to shoot him in self defence (even if it wasn't true), it would have been a different situation. More like cops trying to seize a criminal. But saying that the aim was to kill him just leaves a bad taste for civilized people.

phitsc:
You're really going for that clown badge, aren't you?   :mad:

Funny tho!  :P
-nosh (May 03, 2011, 11:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hell yeah~!
-Renegade (May 04, 2011, 12:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

My suggestion was in full earnest! I really think you deserve it  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Had they said that they tried to seize him, but had to shoot him in self defence (even if it wasn't true), it would have been a different situation.
-phitsc (May 04, 2011, 03:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Highly reliable sources (again, the voices in my head), delivered this transcript:

These are voices in my head... Do you really want to click?
S1: "Oh my god! He's got a blanket. Repeat... He's got a BLANKET! And he's reaching for a PILLOW NOW!"

BANG BANG~!

S1: "Target pacified. Shit man... That was one bitchin' pillow... I think I need to change my shorts. Hey... He's got a diaper on his head! Of all the luck!"

S2: "Navy Seals 1. Old man, 0."

--- End quote ---

Renegade:
My suggestion was in full earnest! I really think you deserve it  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
-phitsc (May 04, 2011, 03:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I find the topic lends itself well to humor. Like what else can you do?

Personal NoteI've been trying to be more positive and not rant as much. Ranting isn't really very productive. I still can't help myself sometimes though...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version