ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Congratz to the US Military Forces!

<< < (14/23) > >>

steeladept:
Hey, he is on my side  :huh:

nosh:
I don't know how legit this is, but if true, AQ have been remarkably successful so far.
Al Qaeda Strategy to the year 2020

nudone:
If only the US High Command had read that wiki article.  :)

That wiki reported strategy looks like propoganda - ooh, look how succesful AQ are, they must be really clever and organised, what a terrible foe, we must do everything we can to get them.

In reality, AQ is a label applied to lots of disconnected groups that don't need to communicate with each other or form a strategy on a global scale - but that doesn't sound so good as a foe. Or so I am to believe.

As for OBL - again, as I am lead to believe (or simply want to believe) - he isn't even important in a strategic sense. He'll continue to be the mascot for many believers I'm sure, no doubt his stylised poster adorning many misguided student dorms in years to come.

I see they are now reporting rubbish about him hiding behind his wife to avoid getting shot. Maybe this is true - or is it simply total crap - it sounds like an idiotic way to portray the man as even more pathetic than he'd become.

nosh:
I'm not vouching for the wiki article but I do believe they have a general strategy or direction, even if it's something as simplistic as "kill the kafir!" (it's probably a little more complex than that)  :)

US agents have discovered a lot of info from OBL's villa, let's hope it's more than mere training manuals and leads to something good.

edbro:
The question now arises what will happen in Afghanistan given that the prime objective of that war was to get bin Laden - -Carol Haynes (May 02, 2011, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is simply not true. The objective was never just to get bin Laden. The objective was, and still is, to destroy Al Qaeda and limit terrorism.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version