ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Congratz to the US Military Forces!

<< < (13/23) > >>

Renegade:
Time for more humor...

✓ Saddam Hussein
✓ Osama bin Laden
* Justin Bieber

2 down, 1 to go...

:D

steeladept:
Bah.  All I hear here is about how he should have had a trial.  Does everyone forget the 26 February 2002 trial hearing in absence?  He was tried, found guilty, and sentenced already! Entire case docket can be found here http://cryptome.org/usa-v-ubl-dt.htm This is in a U. S. Federal Court, agreed, but there was no condemnation then - I don't see why there is so much condemnation now.  To many people forget.  No wonder there are so many Nazi sympathizers in the world today.  They too forget the horrors of WWII.  I agree, there is no reason to ever cheer for the death of another, but there is certainly no reason to grieve or to complain about his death either unless you truly are a sympathizer to his cause.  I, for one, am not.

BTW:  Renegade said it best regarding the rejoicing:
Compare pictures of people rejoicing after 9/11 and the recent pictures of people doing the same thing over Osama. It's the same thing - people screaming for blood.
--- End quote ---

Lastly I want to note how so many of you remember the just under 3000 tower victims and the uncounted thousands on the other side of the issue, but none seem to remember the others:  USS Cole, Kohbar Tower, and the first World Trade Center bombings just to name 3 of the most notorious occurrences that never get counted.  That also doesn't include the over 5000 US combatants since the war was declared.  If you are going to count ALL victims, count them all on both sides.  It is in the 10s or 100s of thousands on both sides.  I am sicked by these numbers but more for those on the side of the US and it's allies as many more of those were not even aware they were at war during the war and attacks.  It is only the 5000 or so combatants and perhaps a few 100 civilians who have died since the war was declared on the side of the US & allies.  As much as it sickens me to see the jubilee at anyone's death, it sickens me as much when I hear appologists  complaining about the casualties inflicted upon the opponent while ignoring our own that caused the war in the first place! >:(

Carol Haynes:
Sorry but I can't let that go:

1) The people of Iraq did not cause the war - they had nothing to do with Al Qaeda - even Hussein was opposed to bin Laden (except in the mind of Bush who was looking for any excuse to go after the Iraqi oil revenue and lots of money for his mates).

2) The war in Iraq was illegal because it was purely regime change - and that is illegal under international law

3) The premise for the war - WMD - was proved false and pretty much everyone knew it was false before the war took off - that is why they stopped the UN inspection scheme so abruptly because they weren't coming out with 'helpful' results.

As for casualties in Iraq I have every sympathy and respect for the soldiers (US, UK and others) who found themselves sucked into that war - many of whom have openly said it shouldn't have been fought (including commanding officers) - but WTF were the Iraqi people supposed to do as their cities and towns were flattened by an invading power - just sit and take it and say thank you that wives and children were massacred in blanket bombing raids.

The question now arises what will happen in Afghanistan given that the prime objective of that war was to get bin Laden - and he wasn't even in Afghanistan anyway! Are the US and allies going to pull out now?

Sorry but it makes me really angry to be described as an 'apologist' on the basis of faulty memory and illegal actions that escalate and cause many of these problems.

steeladept:
Ah, but you notice I never mentioned Iraq, or Afghanistan, or any other location.  I am speaking of the Jihad war that was waged on the entire non-muslim world.  If you want to drag Iraq, Afghanistan, or any other country into it, be my guest.  The war occurs everywhere.  But claiming that the Iraq war IS the war on terrorism is just wrong.

Renegade:
There is no winning on this topic. When you've got people on different sides killing each other, what is there really to say about it? Either side will be incensed over any attempt to understand the other side, because "they" are "wrong".

So... When can we expect Bieber... :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version