ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Congratz to the US Military Forces!

<< < (11/23) > >>

mahesh2k:
Bin Laden living in area known to authorities for quite a while.
--- End quote ---
Now that's something weird, comparing that guy with fuerer, i doubt he'll keep himself in the front to let anyone know where he lives, that too in residential zone like that ?

Osama's DNA was tested ? against whom ? as if they had previous sample to verify ? or their blood relatives to match with ? Besides that they created this puppet and they destroyed it now. There's going to be new puppet from CIA to keep eye on their gas pipelines and other middle east politics.

wraith808:
Just because something can spiral, does not automatically dictate that it will/must spiral into the eternal abyss (or the dark side if you like... :)). Because it is also "true", that only a fool has no fear.
-Stoic Joker (May 02, 2011, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that 'fear' in that case (and at least in the case of what I'm talking about) is irrational uncontrolled fear.  Fear as in a 'healthy respect for' is reasonable, and definitely helps in survival and decision making.  The other kind- not so much.

Stoic Joker:
Just because something can spiral, does not automatically dictate that it will/must spiral into the eternal abyss (or the dark side if you like... :)). Because it is also "true", that only a fool has no fear.
-Stoic Joker (May 02, 2011, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that 'fear' in that case (and at least in the case of what I'm talking about) is irrational uncontrolled fear.  Fear as in a 'healthy respect for' is reasonable, and definitely helps in survival and decision making.  The other kind- not so much.-wraith808 (May 02, 2011, 03:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can't argue that one. :)

But speaking for the bulk of us infidels, I think the reaction most common in the US (and this thread) was/is of the 2nd (healthy respect) variate of fear...Which I really don't perceive as "hate". But then again my son was at the pentagon that day.

Eóin:
Osama's DNA was tested ? against whom ? as if they had previous sample to verify ? or their blood relatives to match with ?
-mahesh2k (May 02, 2011, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's been long know who his entire family are, that was never a secret, in fact it couldn't have been more public.

tranglos:
But the point of the matter is that it is avoidable, for the fact that there are operations where it doesn't happen. -wraith808 (May 02, 2011, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I suppose "collateral damage" is often avoidable in what used to be called "surgical strike" operations (haven't heard of those in a while! Are they all out of fashion now?) when a small, specialized team is sent to perform a small, focused task, like apprehending or killing OBL.

It is never avoidable when you launch a full-scale war like in Iraq or Afghanistan, or even limited air strikes such as in Libya.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version