ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TypeMate - Text Expander for Windows on BdJ, Saturday 7 May, 2011

(1/1)

rjbull:
Please note, this post is not flame bait.

Just when you thought it was safe to come out, here's yet another new (to me, and apparently so far unmentioned on DC) text expander, to be offered on Bits du Jour, Saturday 7 May, 2011, at $20.97 = 40% off regular price of $34.95.

Sanity check: I have not tried this myself.

Here's the blurb from the TypeMate Web site:

Repetitive typing costing you time? TypeMate is the solution
TypeMate lets you automate regularly typed phrases and sentences

TypeMate text expander makes typing a breeze by converting shortcut text into fully formatted phrases or sentences as you type. TypeMate works in almost any Windows application that can accept text input, including word processors, spreadsheets, web browsers, email programs and more!
One utility, hundreds of uses
Speed up email responses

Speed up your customer service productivity by defining shortcuts for your most commonly used email responses.
Insert signatures into documents

With just a few keystrokes you can insert your full signature, including a scanned autograph or a company logo. You can even use different fonts, colors and sizes.
Speed up technical transcription

Define shortcuts for regularly used technical terminology, and let TypeMate save you hours of typing. Ideal for highly technical typing, such as in the medical profession.
Correct common spelling mistakes

With TypeMate you can define shortcuts for frequently misspelled words. No need to make the same mistake twice!
Turbocharge your programming

Use TypeMate to define shortcuts for your regularly used keywords and expressions and watch your coding speed soar.
Autocomplete words in any application

TypeMate also features an Autocomplete mode that can provide suggestions to complete the word that you are currently typing. TypeMate is supplied with both US and UK English dictionaries containing over 110,000 words. English not your first language? No problem - TypeMate allows you to create your own dictionaries too.
--- End quote ---

The feature list, on the face of it, doesn't look exceptional.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version