ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR window shrinks over time

<< < (3/4) > >>

mouser:
i'm having trouble reproducing so let me ask some questions

* if you keep hiding and showing farr window, does it shrink over time as you do this?
* does it shrink 1 pixel each time you launch and exit farr? or does something else seem to trigger the shrinking?
* what skin are you using?

tranglos:
Thanks for looking into it, mouser!

if you keep hiding and showing farr window, does it shrink over time as you do this?
-mouser (May 07, 2011, 04:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

It does not. I actually tried this before: kept hitting Pause and ESC for a good while until I got tired :-) I did not observe a change in the size of the window.

does it shrink 1 pixel each time you launch and exit farr? or does something else seem to trigger the shrinking?

--- End quote ---

It only seems to happen when FARR exits and is restarted. I've just tried it a number of times. There seems to be a regularity, and it's more than 1 pixel. Each time I restarted FARR I took a screenshot and noted the window dimensions reported by Snagit:

224 x 621
216 x 618
208 x 615
206 x 612
206 x 609
206 x 606

Looks like it was shrinking by 8 pixels horizontally and 3 pixels vertically each time, well on its way to the black hole and the lolcat-infested singularity. Then it seems to have hit a limit. Past the red line, farr's height continues to shrink by 3 pixels, but the width won't go below 206 pixels. It now looks like this:

FARR window shrinks over time

So I resized it back to a larger window, and tried again:

585 x 732
577 x 729
569 x 726

Seems conclusive: every time farr is restarted, it loses 8 pixels in width and 3 pixels in height. If you find out what's causing it, do you think you could package it into a pill that would shrink my gut by 8 pixels when I am restarted every morning? I could wear my wedding suit pants again!

what skin are you using?

--- End quote ---

Mollis-BLUE.

And bingo! With skins disabled, the shrinking does not occur. (I should have tried that in the first place, would have saved you time.) It would appear that applying the skin causes an adjustment in width and height. It's going to be hard to test all skins, but trying corona-CORONA12, the results are slightly different:

577 x 731
569 x 731
561 x 731

Still 8 pixels loss in width, but height stays the same.

I can resize my farr window, but do think about the pill, won't you?

cranioscopical:
I could wear my wedding suit pants again!

-tranglos (May 07, 2011, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

And your wife her morning dress?

mouser:
What operating system are you using again?

mouser:
try this (just the exe, overwrite existing):
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/downloads/beta/FindAndRunRobot.zip

see if it improves it at all -- it's a shot in the dark so i wouldn't count on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version