ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (19/31) > >>

hulkbuster:
I see what you mean, from all the File Manager explorer i have used i too find D.O to be quite frankly catchy and fancy:  and quite bloated just to see the three drivers running in the Task Manager, you said 7.74 MB : i believe that's the minimal amount of memory when it is sitting idle in a window. But fiddle around and so some copying/pasting and check the Task Manager ,the memory would shoot up indefinitely.
          My Q-Dir consumes as much as 10 MB when idle and shoot to 15 MB when i do manual copy/paste from Q-Dir.
   None the less if you are true to what you said i would definitely install and see if i get the feel of it.

But every he/she has a fare say on what one feel about certain things.
i have  1 GBRam and 3.00 GHz Dou Core Processor, and i do have that option of putting or keeping things like D.O. consuming Memory behind the scene without showing lag: when i use my routine program.  
   It doesn't harm to try and get a fell of D.Opus: by the way i alway deselect Replace Explorer; and Start Opus when Windows start.

cranioscopical:
^ I've lost custom shortcuts  (I think all) *and* a lot of default ones - I didnt do anything wild & crazy and I'm not sure what caused it. I'm considering a reinstall but I'll probably stick with 10.-tomos (September 17, 2011, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you ever export your settings?

I do that periodically as the way I use DOpus evolves.

The 'everything changed' phenomenon happened to me when I went to 10, so I just imported the most recent settings and all was back to normal.

So, try exporting your settings before updating and then reading them back afterwards.

Shades:
Cranioscopical's tip works beautifully, I personally can attest to that.

But I also have to agree that DOpus 10 is nearly as stable as DOpus 9.

However, as it is I will not downgrade because of the 7-zip integration that, plain simply put, just works for me.

tomos:
^ I've lost custom shortcuts  (I think all) *and* a lot of default ones - I didnt do anything wild & crazy and I'm not sure what caused it. I'm considering a reinstall but I'll probably stick with 10.-tomos (September 17, 2011, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Did you ever export your settings?

I do that periodically as the way I use DOpus evolves.

The 'everything changed' phenomenon happened to me when I went to 10, so I just imported the most recent settings and all was back to normal.

So, try exporting your settings before updating and then reading them back afterwards.
-cranioscopical (September 17, 2011, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

there's no easy answer to that - I decided on moving up to win7 to try a clean install of dopus, see what it looks like and gradually customise it (as opposed to using settings from previous version).
So I didnt have any backup of recent settings. I have to look at it closer, if I could even restore defaults I'd be happy...
There was a lot to like about the default install of 10 (partly why I thought I'd make a fresh start) but there seems to be a lot of stuff very well hidden - like not even in the menu - but due to things going weird I'm no longer sure what's default, as I am unable to restore it :)

edit - I havent spent much time trying to figure out what happened or how to proceed. I'm sure I'll figure it all out. Might try messing around with my USB install - that could be a good way of checking stuff

tomos:
However, as it is I will not downgrade because of the 7-zip integration that, plain simply put, just works for me.
-Shades (September 17, 2011, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

are people downgrading because of that?
- works fine for me too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version