ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (17/31) > >>

tomos:
you're looking at images in the viewer and you see one you want to open in your image editor - you have to take note of the name, go back to the main window, find the file. A simple open [current image in viewer] in external app, or even just copy filepath would solve this.-tomos (May 31, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Drag the viewer's window icon (top-left of the titlebar) on to your image editor.
-Nudel (June 02, 2011, 02:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

okay, that's the best solution yet. I always use the viewer as a maximised window and dont actually have shortcuts to photoshop anywhere accessible, so it requires having photoshop open and dragging to the taskbar. I have a dopus 'taskbar' as well, I'll try adding a shortcut to pshop there.

Problems zooming into images - on my machine I often cant get over 200%
--- End quote ---

It only happens when zooming very large images and does not happen on newer versions of Windows, so it's a pretty low-priority issue for us now. It is still on the list, but requires some low-level changes to how the viewer works and it's under a pile of other to-do items.

--- End quote ---

1) it actually happens on (almost) all images here - normally I wouldnt notice myself, because I wouldnt want to zoom to 400% of a crappy 72dpi A4 scan ;)

2) I am very unhappy with this response - you're saying it's the OS. XP is supported by microsoft till 2014, that's almost another three years.
I wonder how many XP users do dopus have? . . .

[edit]  toned it down a bit :-\ [/edit]
[edit2]  Leo, I appreciate your honesty anyways. [/edit2]

MrCrispy:
Are there any xplorer2 users who've tried (or even switched) to DOpus? I love xplorer2 because its design philosophy seems to be built to cater to power users - there are many hidden powerful functions (the help file is daunting) but lots of little nice touches that don't have a wow factor but soon become indispensable. And its fast.

MerleOne:
Not really answering your question.  xplorer2 would be near to perfection if only the search function was easier to use and not relying on scrap containers. And folder synchronization is also tricky to use.

superboyac:
Are there any xplorer2 users who've tried (or even switched) to DOpus? I love xplorer2 because its design philosophy seems to be built to cater to power users - there are many hidden powerful functions (the help file is daunting) but lots of little nice touches that don't have a wow factor but soon become indispensable. And its fast.
-MrCrispy (June 08, 2011, 02:56 AM)
--- End quote ---
I used to use xplorer2, but it was a long time ago.  Maybe a year or two after it first came out.  I moved to DOpus after that and have never looked back.  DOpus should be able to do anything you are looking for, but for some very particular things you may need to spend some time configuring it with custom buttons, keyboard shortcuts, and possibly a little bit of dopus scripting.  None of it is terribly difficult, even for someone like me who hates getting into that stuff normally.  At one point, I wanted DOpus to do everything the way TC did, and I spent some time configuring it to be that way.  I'm sure you can do the same to have it mimic xplorer2.
As far as fast, it's fast enough, but will probably be slower than the "lightweight" alternatives like TC, xplorer2, xyplorer, etc.

The only major criticism with DOpus is the price.  That's really the only thing I've ever heard people legitimately complain about.  It's always "Why should I use DOpus when i can use [whatever] for free or for much cheaper?"  Only at that point do people start saying this file manager does something that DOpus doesn't, which I don't usually buy.  It's usually just the price that is prohibitive for most people.

mrainey:
--- End quote ---

I bought an xplorer2 license in 2004.  I liked the program very much, but every now and then it would lose all of my custom configuration settings.  A few other users reported the same thing.  Support gave me the impression that my problem wasn't too high on the priority list, so I moved to Directory Opus.

That was a long time ago, and I'm sure that xplorer2 is much-improved.  I'll stick with Directory Opus, which is a major pain to configure initially, but a joy to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version