ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (15/31) > >>

Tuxman:
That's not what a file manager should do, right?

tomos:
Man, I know DOpus is pretty expensive, but it does everything!  I spend more time in DOpus than any other application by far.
-superboyac (May 31, 2011, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

While I'm a fan of Dopus (& enjoying having the 'usb' version), I'm unhappy with the viewer. I made a few suggestions a while back that I hoped would be implemented in 10.
Especially this one:
you're looking at images in the viewer and you see one you want to open in your image editor - you have to take note of the name, go back to the main window, find the file. A simple open [current image in viewer] in external app, or even just copy filepath would solve this.

Problems zooming into images - on my machine I often cant get over 200%, I have no problem with the same images in other viewers. I have yet to report this officially (but it was reported in the forum in 2009).
If anyone can confirm this as a bug could you please post in that thread?!

Also problems with one bit Tiffs only showing as an enlarged thumbnail. Again, yet to be reported officially but reported in the Dopus forum here.

Dormouse:
you're looking at images in the viewer and you see one you want to open in your image editor - you have to take note of the name, go back to the main window, find the file. A simple open [current image in viewer] in external app, or even just copy filepath would solve this.-tomos (May 31, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just checked in the viewer. I right click and one of the options is open. You would need to have set your editor up as the default program for that file type, of course.

Problems zooming into images - on my machine I often cant get over 200%, I have no problem with the same images in other viewers. I have yet to report this officially (but it was reported in the forum in 2009). -tomos (May 31, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Checked this too. No problems going up to 800% with any of the images I tried.

Also problems with one bit Tiffs only showing as an enlarged thumbnail. Again, yet to be reported officially but reported in the Dopus forum here.
-tomos (May 31, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Haven't checked this.

cranioscopical:
Especially this one:
you're looking at images in the viewer and you see one you want to open in your image editor - you have to take note of the name, go back to the main window, find the file. A simple open [current image in viewer] in external app, or even just copy filepath would solve this.
--- End quote ---

Would it work for you to set the thumbnails value to 256x256 for image browsing? If so, a simple double-click will launch the image in whatever you have set as the default system viewer.

tomos:
you're looking at images in the viewer and you see one you want to open in your image editor - you have to take note of the name, go back to the main window, find the file. A simple open [current image in viewer] in external app, or even just copy filepath would solve this.-tomos (May 31, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just checked in the viewer. I right click and one of the options is open. You would need to have set your editor up as the default program for that file type, of course.
-Dormouse (May 31, 2011, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
hmmm, I missed that :-[
I have DOpus viewer as default programme for all images, but can it be the case that I dont have to, in order for the viewer to be the default image viewer from within dopus?
Will experiment. I suspect a Catch22 situation but may well be wrong. ~ note to self: must stop having negative expectations ;-)

Problems zooming into images - on my machine I often cant get over 200%, I have no problem with the same images in other viewers. I have yet to report this officially (but it was reported in the forum in 2009). -tomos (May 31, 2011, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Checked this too. No problems going up to 800% with any of the images I tried.
-Dormouse (May 31, 2011, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
thanks for the report Dormouse,
Leo doesnt have the problem either :( no-one else has reported yet.
Because every other viewer I have works fine, I'm presuming this is a dopus problem - even if it is a dopus problem with my hardware (or maybe just with my OS: XP SP3)

Especially this one:
--- End quote ---

Would it work for you to set the thumbnails value to 256x256 for image browsing? If so, a simple double-click will launch the image in whatever you have set as the default system viewer.
-cranioscopical (May 31, 2011, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
I could also use the Viewer pane (as opposed to the standalone viewer).
I'm slow to do so cause zoom is not very usable there. Whether I'm looking at drawings, scans, or photos I want to be able to zoom in and read the text &/or check the quality before I actually open in photoshop. If I'm working on a batch of photos I'll use another app than dopus, but if I just want to quickly find & open a photo/scan/image it's a file manager I want. I work a lot with scanned images but again, it's a file manager I need. Dopus is almost there as "perfect" for the job, but just because of that, I can tend to get a bit über-frustrated with it's drawbacks :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version