ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Directory Opus 10

<< < (21/31) > >>

4wd:
That does indeed sound strange, just tried 10.0.1.x here and it never went above 10% - usually around 5-6%.

This on a Athlon 235e XP system, (CPU didn't even change up from it's 800MHz lowest frequency stepping).

J-Mac:
Windows 7 Home Premium. I understand that a lot of little glitches could very well be related to people's individual systems, and Lord knows that the combo of this Asus MoBo and nVidia Graphics card has given me fits the whole time I have owned this box. However I would not expect DOpus 10 to behave this much differently than DOpus 9 did on this same exact box. "All things being equal..." does apply here; and DOpus 10 definitely takes longer and uses a lot more of my machine's resources than DOpus 9 ever did on the same computer, with the same software and tweaks. They must have changed something that is causing it to behave poorly here.

Thanks!

Jim

superboyac:
I'm calling it:  DOpus is my favorite program of all time.  There's only one program that gets used as much as DOpus, and that would be Firefox.  But firefox is boring compared to DOpus.

J-Mac:
It is one of my favorites also - but DOpus 10 is still a major pain, especially given all the time they had to get it ready. DOpus 10 was released more than four years after DOpus 9, yet it has not much in the way of new features; mostly improvements in its existing features.

Now I actually appreciate the fact that the last major upgrade, DO9, was good for four years with plenty of great and useful "minor" updates over those years. I read people's complaints about the cost of DOpus all the time but four years?!?! It is worth every cent I have ever spent on it! And though I also have lifetime licenses for both Total Commander and XYPlorer, DOpus is light years ahead of them IMO (and I do realize my opinion is mine alone and that many may disagree with me on that point). I use TC and XY at times for special tasks, but DOpus is a true Windows Explorer replacement for me.

However the number of bugs in DOpus 10 - and I am speaking of more than just my own recent rants here - seems disproportionate with the time they had to get this version ready. I don’t know, maybe the timing of Windows 7 messed them up. All I know is that this version is still giving me fits and taking up hours on some days to try and get something done, and I purchased and installed the DO10 upgrade on 1-May-2011! That's almost five months and for the most part the advice I get is "try installing the newest beta and see if that helps". Grrr...

Thanks for listening!

Jim

superboyac:
It is one of my favorites also - but DOpus 10 is still a major pain, especially given all the time they had to get it ready. DOpus 10 was released more than four years after DOpus 9, yet it has not much in the way of new features; mostly improvements in its existing features.

Now I actually appreciate the fact that the last major upgrade, DO9, was good for four years with plenty of great and useful "minor" updates over those years. I read people's complaints about the cost of DOpus all the time but four years?!?! It is worth every cent I have ever spent on it! And though I also have lifetime licenses for both Total Commander and XYPlorer, DOpus is light years ahead of them IMO (and I do realize my opinion is mine alone and that many may disagree with me on that point). I use TC and XY at times for special tasks, but DOpus is a true Windows Explorer replacement for me.

However the number of bugs in DOpus 10 - and I am speaking of more than just my own recent rants here - seems disproportionate with the time they had to get this version ready. I don’t know, maybe the timing of Windows 7 messed them up. All I know is that this version is still giving me fits and taking up hours on some days to try and get something done, and I purchased and installed the DO10 upgrade on 1-May-2011! That's almost five months and for the most part the advice I get is "try installing the newest beta and see if that helps". Grrr...

Thanks for listening!

Jim
-J-Mac (September 19, 2011, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting.  Well, at least they are active with bug fixes.  I've only noticed one glitch (which has remained from v9), an it's this:
Create a new collection and add some files/folders to it
Now, while in the collection, select everything and delete it (the real delete, not just remove it from the collection).
So now the items are actually deleted off the hard drive.  But if you refresh the collection, the items reappear.  Now, to get rid of it (since they don't exist anymore), you have to remove the items from the collection (using the other delete button).  I have to do this every time I need to hard delete items from a collection.  I should submit a bug fix...so lazy...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version