topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WinPatrol has a new developer  (Read 6351 times)

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WinPatrol has a new developer
« on: July 01, 2014, 03:40 PM »
Not sure if this has been posted already, but it appears WinPatrol (which often gets recommended here) will continue life with a new developer. The post appears to promise lifetime licenses will be honored:

http://billpstudios....l-generation-ii.html

http://www.ruiware.com/

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: WinPatrol has a new developer
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 04:37 PM »
For most announcements of this sort, I'm skeptical of the future of the software franchise.  However, in this case I completely trust that BillP has handed off WinPatrol to someone who will carry it forward well. 

I'm just sorry about the reasons behind the transfer, and I wish Bill and his family well.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 06:20 PM »
It's over most likely.  Guys like BillP are normally not replaceable.  Who knows?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 10:12 PM »
It hasn’t been a secret that a long term family illness encouraged my search for someone who not only understood WinPatrol but would love and care for Scotty .  I had some tempting offers but they included a future without our pledge of a lifetime PLUS membership. Even worse, many respected companies thought WinPatrol would be an easy way to install unwanted toolbars and search hijackers. Most of you know how I feel about toolbars.

With that kind of intro, I'd hope it was in good hands.  Or someone pulled the wool over his eyes really good.

“Version 32.0.2014.0 will be the first version of WinPatrol released by Ruiware (pronounced Rayware). My name is Bret Lowry, I am a founder of Ruiware and the developer who will be working on WinPatrol moving forward. I worked closely with Bill Pytlovany for this release and will continue working with him during the transition period. My commitment to WinPatrol customers is as follows:

One, your lifetime PLUS licenses are just that, lifetime licenses. That was the easiest topic in our negotiation and is written into the contract.

Two, WinPatrol will not have toolbars or other “add-ins” added to it or its installer. Installers that do that drive me crazy because I’m the guy people call to “fix” their computer after the installer completes its hijacking. I am not going to do that to my customers.

Three, I will be responsible for answering support questions, even more incentive to play nicely and stand-by item two above. And

Four, I use WinPatrol myself and therefore am committed to the continued improvement of WinPatrol. I am honored to have earned Bill’s trust and confidence in his allowing me to purchase WinPatrol. Bill has run WinPatrol with integrity since its inception, as a founder of Ruiware (along with my wife Phoebe), I promise we will carry on that tradition.”

I'm optimistic.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 10:17 PM »
You couldn't ask for a better statement than that list of 4 items  :up:

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 07:50 AM »
Jibz, many thanks for posting this.  I somehow missed the announcement, and I had my heart in my mouth when I read your subject header.  But after reading Bill P's posting, I'm feeling optimistic.  As much as I love WinPatrol, I think there are things that could be improved, and perhaps someone seeing WinPatrol with fresher eyes might make some positive changes to an already terrific program. Besides, it seems appropriate that someone from a hard-to-pronounce company (Ruiware) should take over from someone with a hard-to-pronounce last name (Pytlovany)  :) .

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:33 PM »
The announcement is nice.  I take back what I said.  :Thmbsup: