ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

corrupt office 2003 file

<< < (2/2)

Carol Haynes:
I will check it out.  thanks shades

BTW, LibreOffice must be a OO offshoot that I haven't heard of before.  
-techidave (April 29, 2011, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

OO has pretty much ceased development as far as I can tell. The core of OO has been picked up by LibreOffice  and they are continuing a separate (and much more active) development of their own. As far as I know it is still going to be a free product.

Check it out at http://www.libreoffice.org - seems to be getting good reviews.

Stoic Joker:
Is there any AV software (client or server side) involved?

Is the PP file sender using embeded or locally linked graphics for the file (I've seen this boo-boo happen before).

Are you sure the PP file is getting to the server/client intact? If it is an Outlook/Exchange environment, try sending a known good test file to an account that is not in cached mode, and see what happens.

Also if Exchange is involved, has an ofline defrag (with esutil) ever been run on the server?

techidave:
email is not involved at all.  the files are stored on our server.  the files have not left our network and have only been used with PPT 2003.

There are graphics involved.

Stoic Joker:
email is not involved at all.  the files are stored on our server.-techidave (May 01, 2011, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops! ...I Assumed  :-[

Curt:
$99 (home), $119 (institutions): PowerPoint Repair Tool - Repair & Recover Corrupted PPT File

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version