ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Can you read this?

(1/3) > >>

kyrathaba:
I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

housetier:
Of course this only works on people that are literate. Otherwise the brain won't be able to make out the word images from which it reconstructs meaning and stuff.

I have seen this text all over the internets. Now they should make a study about writing in such a way :) I guess it would be much harder than reading it.

Deozaan:
Don't mean to be a drag, but this is really old. I remember seeing this in a meeting at work in 2003 and even then it wasn't exactly new to me.

That said, it is still really cool.

Now they should make a study about writing in such a way :) I guess it would be much harder than reading it.-housetier (April 29, 2011, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

A friend and I had a fake "flame war" with each other in Gmail back when it was still pretty new. wi purpsly rote 2 eechudder liek tipicle forim trollz uzign obvius mispeligns adn fonix lolololol!!111 it wuz gr8 phun butt defin8ly tuk a littel bit logner 2 reed tahn teh stuf taht kyrathaba postid. lolz!!1

AndyM:
This actually was pretty startling.  As soon as I stopped trying to decipher the words and instead just ran my eyes along the same way I do reading normally, the speed picked up to 99% normal. 

Interesting brain stuff.

Ath:
It seems to work best for English texts, other languages (even my primary) doen't read as easy as English when mangled up like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version