Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 01:16:27 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Dynamic results lenght and display of numbers?  (Read 1209 times)
murdock01
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »

I have been using Farr for months now and love it. I have also started tinkering with drag and drop robot. I do have a question about results.
I want to know if there is a way to change the number of results displayed and maybe turn off the numbers dynamically?
Details: I use Farr from my USB stick, and from my computers, as a launcher and a file finder. I have created a menu system for the various portable utils and apps on my usb drive.
It would be neat, assuming this does not already exists, if when I type "menu" to bring up the main menu, as part of the alias I could also add something like "menu +n10 +numboff". This would dynamically change the results window to display 10 items (the +n10) regardless of the settings in the config, and not display the big numbers (the +numboff) but not necessarily disable them.
Again the +numboff would only enable not displaying the number for the alias in question. Everywhere else the numbers would show up like normal. I have a habbit of using the arrows more than the numbers for my menus.
This would help make my menus happy. If these features already exist or there is a way to to this already please point me in the right direction.
Thanks

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 06:41:38 PM »

hi murdock, thank you for the kind words -- i'm glad you like the program  thumbs up

there is no way to do that now, except to the extent that by default farr can switch from large to small icon mode when you enable +sall in your search, to show all results.

what you are asking wouldn't be too hard to add, but let me pass on implementing it now in favor of some more functional requests in my todo list queue unless a lot more people really want to be able to dynamically turn numbers on or off for different aliases -- it seems a bit of an unusual request.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.021s | Server load: 0.19 ]