topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 5:52 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Dynamic results lenght and display of numbers?  (Read 3449 times)

murdock01

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Dynamic results lenght and display of numbers?
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:31 AM »
I have been using Farr for months now and love it. I have also started tinkering with drag and drop robot. I do have a question about results.
I want to know if there is a way to change the number of results displayed and maybe turn off the numbers dynamically?
Details: I use Farr from my USB stick, and from my computers, as a launcher and a file finder. I have created a menu system for the various portable utils and apps on my usb drive.
It would be neat, assuming this does not already exists, if when I type "menu" to bring up the main menu, as part of the alias I could also add something like "menu +n10 +numboff". This would dynamically change the results window to display 10 items (the +n10) regardless of the settings in the config, and not display the big numbers (the +numboff) but not necessarily disable them.
Again the +numboff would only enable not displaying the number for the alias in question. Everywhere else the numbers would show up like normal. I have a habbit of using the arrows more than the numbers for my menus.
This would help make my menus happy. If these features already exist or there is a way to to this already please point me in the right direction.
Thanks

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Dynamic results lenght and display of numbers?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 06:41 PM »
hi murdock, thank you for the kind words -- i'm glad you like the program  :up:

there is no way to do that now, except to the extent that by default farr can switch from large to small icon mode when you enable +sall in your search, to show all results.

what you are asking wouldn't be too hard to add, but let me pass on implementing it now in favor of some more functional requests in my todo list queue unless a lot more people really want to be able to dynamically turn numbers on or off for different aliases -- it seems a bit of an unusual request.