Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 22, 2014, 10:24:40 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 2011-04-28 Bits Du Jour - NeXuS Ultimate  (Read 2706 times)
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:32:21 AM »

I know there was some discussions of a dock a while back, and as a user of WinStep eXtreme I recommended it.  Apparently, they have a version with just the dock, and it's on BDJ today.

http://www.bitsdujour.com...-ultimate/src=day/nfy=61/

Half-off at $12.50, it's a pretty good deal.  I'd definitely recommend it.

rjbull
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »

I don't even know what "shelf tabs" are   embarassed
wraith808
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 03:27:55 PM »

I don't even know what "shelf tabs" are   embarassed

A hold over from the regular documentation most likely.  Shelves are a feature of workshelf, which I don't believe is included with NeXuS, though I may be wrong... probably good to ask on BDJ if you're interested.

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 03:31:40 PM »

Thanks - really, my feeling was, if I didn't know what they were talking about, I didn't need it!  And if it was the sort of launcher I thought it was, I'd probably look at mouser's LBC.
edbro
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »

They require my email just to show me what's for sale? No thank you.  thumb down thumb down thumb down
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »

They require my email just to show me what's for sale? No thank you.  thumb down thumb down thumb down

Eh?  You can get to the sale without logging in or giving anything.  You have to create a login to see more than today's sale, which I don't really like... but you can see what's for sale on the day without doing so.

worstje
Honorary Member

The Gent with the White Hat

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:00:40 PM »

I can't say I have bought anything from Bits Du Jour in the past, so my opinion is probably void, but I do know that I do not fuss about looking at their site every single day. Back when I could see all the stuff, I'd check like every week to see if there was something I might like and keep an eye out for. I never really quite found what I was hoping to find, though.

Either way, I can't be the only one reasoning that way, right? Is BDJ not hurting itself and the software it is trying to sell that way? It's like an extra barrier for any potential customer that does not already hawk over that site on a daily basis.
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:11 PM »

* wraith808 shrugs.

I just get an e-mail daily that tells me what's on sale.  I've saved enough to make it more than worthwhile to me.

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 11:51:26 PM »

One can have a weekly list of what's coming in the next seven days.

Chris
worstje
Honorary Member

The Gent with the White Hat

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 12:10:21 AM »

Yes, but you need an account for that. My point is that I do not see the point in giving my information to yet another website that is just trying to get my money anyway. If they want my information, they need to work for it. If they want my money, they'd better work really hard.

Until I see something I really want to purchase, I am not giving them anything of mine.
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 07:00:50 AM »

Quote from: worstje
Until I see something I really want to purchase, I am not giving them anything of mine.

I do see (and admire) your point. Lacking your cool head, however, I adhere to the school of Darwin product purchasing. It's only when I see what I knew nothing of that I realize how crucial it is for me to acquire it.  embarassed

Chris
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 08:15:07 AM »

Quote from: worstje

I do see (and admire) your point. Lacking your cool head, however, I adhere to the school of Darwin product purchasing. It's only when I see what I knew nothing of that I realize how crucial it is for me to acquire it.  embarassed

Unfortunately, I'm a graduate of the school of Darwin product purchasing, also.  The only school where a degree guarantees that you'll have less money after than before.

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 10:47:51 AM »

One can have a weekly list of what's coming in the next seven days.

If you check their forums, you'll see that they're trying to move away from that.  They want you to have a daily e-mail, or at least to check the site at no more than three-day intervals.  If they drop weekly e-mails, I'll probably drop them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.035s | Server load: 0.01 ]