topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 8:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TicTocTitle - Suggestions and Problems  (Read 7435 times)

Renae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • ElectroCity.ca
    • Donate to Member
TicTocTitle - Suggestions and Problems
« on: March 05, 2006, 01:55 PM »
- Suggestions
I've noticed that some windows (dialogs) are too small to properly display and read the time. I think a setting to only show or not show on a defined list of windows would help. Maybe an option to not display on windows of a certain width?

The clock stays on the DT when last window is minimized. Similarly the clock still shows after closing the Start Menu. There is another post about this issue but if you don't mind I'll leave it in my list too. Maybe there is some way to detect that there is no valid window and therefore force the clock to go into specified corner on the desktop? Maybe at an increased size considering it is the desktop? Or just clear it until a window is brought up.

When changing the settings it does not update. Perhaps adding a menu option to refresh the settings will help?

- Problems
There seems to be an issue when using ClearType. The text is grown somewhat and unreadable.

Renae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • ElectroCity.ca
    • Donate to Member
Re: TicTocTitle - Suggestions and Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 09:08 PM »
- Suggestion
It would be helpful for me to choose which of the 4 corners of the window to display in. When I view Windows Picture and Fax viewer to show pictures it covers most of the buttons in the top right. If I was to set it over more (which I've already done for Trillian) It will be covering the text of dialogs, or off the left side of them. Of course the previous suggestion of excluding (or limiting) the windows it displays on, but this is another solution and something some people may appreciate.

- Problem
It seems to be very unstable for me. Pretty much every reboot I have to 'end task' it. It also doesn't always exit when I select the option from the menu.

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 07:00 PM »
 :) Try TicTocTitle v1.3. I've tweaked the display and added a proper settings dialog.

Skrommel

Renae

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • ElectroCity.ca
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 09:28 PM »
It's still hanging on exit. :( Is there more information I can get you to replicate it?

kczeitgeist

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 02:37 PM »
O.K., I'm feelin like I missed a chunk of education here.... I got the file, now how do I get it to load on boot? I know its gotta be simple... but its eluding me..

TIA
                                    KCZeitgeist

skrommel

• Fastest code in the west
  • Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • 1 Hour Software by skrommel
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 02:13 AM »
 :tellme:You have to create a shortcut to it in the Start menu's Startup Ggroup.

Skrommel