ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

My beloved illustrated children's story about badgers (What was the name??)

<< < (2/4) > >>

superboyac:
Found it!!  I went to my parent's house, and I knew I had saved it in a box in the attic.  It's called:
Animal Bedtime Stories
by Lucy Kincaid

It's from England, not surprisingly.  I fucking loved these stories as a kid.  Man.  I read it so much that the hardcover had completely fallen off and all I have is the looseleaf papers on the inside.  Freaking awesome illustrations and just the most soothing stories you could imagine.  I am about to relive some pretty bitchin childhood memories.

cranioscopical:
I hate to tell you but Elder Badger is languishing in clink, thanks to some funny business with young Master Fox.

adarkstar:
Maybe The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, first published in 1908?

40hz:
Glad you found it. I know how frustrating it can be trying to remember a book title.

Re: reliving childhood memories

I wouldn't mind doing some of that myself. But the memories I'm most interested in came a bit later in my childhood. For instance, there was this one time when we were up in New Hampshire after second semester exams were over, and we were at this party where I met this girl (who was a dead ringer for Elizabeth Hurley right down to the smile and British accent!) and...um...yes...sorry...let's forget about that for the moment shall we?
 ;)

tomos:
Maybe The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame, first published in 1908?
-adarkstar (April 28, 2011, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

he found the book! - but speaking of Wind in the Willows - I just got a copy lately,
so I could, as superboyac says "relive some pretty bitchin childhood memories" :D

I just love those illustrations by Shepard

My beloved illustrated children's story about badgers (What was the name??)

http://bibliodyssey.blogspot.com/2009/07/wind-in-willows.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version