ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

So I got an HTC Arrive

(1/2) > >>

Stoic Joker:
bloody hell it's hard to type on one of these things

Ath:
That's why I too got one with a 'real' keyboard (Motorola Milestone / Droid), but experienced that I have to keep my thumb's nails in just the right shape to press the keys reliably. And you are IMHO a tad advantaged by the slightly better layout of the HTC keyboard. Quick it will probably never go...

Stoic Joker:
Well, considering I've previously never had a "Smart Phone", just getting to the board, logging in, and posting was a feat in itself. However in addition to that, I also got connected to my secure WiFi, setup Outlook to connect to our Exchange server, sent a test Email, checked my voice mail, and made a phone call. All without even looking at the 8 times longer than my attention span instruction manual.

So in the self explanatory/easy to use department ... I'll have to give it an A+.

The UI is incredibly fluid, so navigating it is quite nice. And it came with headphones ... Which I have no idea wtf to do with (hehe).

I'll plug it into my comp later and see how that goes - I gotta figure out how to side load it now.

Deozaan:
I don't know but I'm guessing that's an Android? Either way, if it has Swype, try it. I really like it and personally think Swype would make it OK to not have a physical keyboard.

Ath:
And it came with headphones ... Which I have no idea wtf to do with
-Stoic Joker (April 26, 2011, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
You're supposed to treat it like a luxurious/expensive MP3 player, that happens to double-take as a phone :P

that's an Android? Either way, if it has Swype
-Deozaan (April 27, 2011, 12:59 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nope, it's WinPhone 7 (it's aka HTC 7 Pro), and no Swype available (yet)

I've previously never had a "Smart Phone", just getting to the board
-Stoic Joker (April 26, 2011, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
What made you decide to go for a Windows Phone 7 device?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version