ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Planet Earth starts tonight

(1/3) > >>

Carol Haynes:
In the UK this evening is the start of a new 11 part TV series "Planet Earth" which looks amazing.

I'm sure this is going to be franchised around the world so hopefully everyone will get a chance to see it but to whet your appetite check out the BBC website here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/planetearth/

Have a look at the Planet Earth Explorer which has some amazing clips from the programmes.

There is a sequence filmed in Lechuguilla Cave in New Mexico (being a caver I am really looking forward to this). Apparently it took the BBC 2 years to get permission to film there - it isn't possible to imagine the problems they must have had getting all the equipment in place!! Check under Geology clips at http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/planetearth/realmedia/

Hirudin:
Unfortunately you are unable to access this content. This is offered only to audiences in the UK.
--- End quote ---

Darn UK Crowd TV shows, quit getting my hopes up!

I hope PBS picks this up!

Carol Haynes:
As far as I can tell it was sponsored not only by the BBC but a number of other broadcasters from around the globe. Doubtless it will get a wide airing. If not I'm sure it will be released on DVD ;)

By the way the best TV series on a similar subject ever made was Earth Story by Aubrey Manning. It was made by the BBC but the rights were acquired by a US company. Now it is available on DVD. If you are interested they are selling it at a knock down price $899.99 (for the 8 episodes).

mouser:
only $900? why not buy two just in case one dvd gets scratched.

Hirudin:
only $900? why not buy two just in case one dvd gets scratched.
-mouser (March 06, 2006, 04:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure beats recording it off the TV for free!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version