ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Higgs Boson, God Particle, rumored to have been found.

<< < (3/3)

IainB:
Hmm, the Dayglo Abortions music is, erm, interesting...and I like the family pic of President Ronald and Nancy Reagan poised over their dinner plate (NOT).
Talking of presidents, didn't President Obama bow down to a Saudi king a while back? I wonder, would he have been bowing to Mammon or Allah by so doing?     :D

IainB:
Well, on the 118th anniversary of Satyendra Nath Bose's birth (January 1st, 1894), we got this interesting post, Satyendra Bose: 118th birthday, which discusses Bose's mistake that led to - Bosons!
I reckon that the author of the post, Luboš Motl, is a bit of a wag, as he says:
Of course, that would be the case assuming that we subtract Satyendra's father who was an engineer in the East Indian Railway Company, later known as the IPCC.

--- End quote ---
Very droll.

IainB:
Worth watching/listening to this YouTube clip:
The talk is the 4th Lecture in the The 29th Jerusalem Winter School in Theoretical Physics - entitled Implications of a 125 GeV Higgs - by the Iranian/American physicist Nima Arkani Hamed (IAS Princeton).
It was uploaded by HebrewUniversity on 10 Jan 2012.
Nice turn of phrase:
"How hard it is to discover the truth."

--- End quote ---
I hope nobody blows him up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version