ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Easiest laptop (brand) to take apart ?

<< < (9/12) > >>

Armando:
I've just had a quick look at that and there seems to be some interesting options. Thanks for the tip.  :up:

JavaJones:
Looking for a laptop for a friend I noticed that TigerDirect often includes nice pictures of the bottom of laptops, in many cases with the covers removed so you can see what is easily accessed. Here's a good example: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7124329&CatId=4938 (scroll down)

Anyway I thought it might be helpful.

- Oshyan

Armando:
Thanks Oshyan, that's very nice of you.  :up:
And this is actually a very nice little laptop there...! Complete access to CPU and also an ASUS -- they have an excellent reputation according to reports I posted earlier. Is your friend going to pick that specific one ?

Kamel:
IMHO, dell laptops are the easiest to work on. I know you're going for easiest to access CPU, but did want to mention they are very easy to take apart and put back together and leave you feeling like you've done reasonably little damage to them. Some laptops just taking off the keyboard makes you feel like you've severely violated them and you don't want to do it too often in fear you may end up breaking something.

At any rate, that's my 2 cents. I like dell's laptop construction (not only easy to take apart/repair, but very solid and difficult to damage while the lid is shut). I typically am not particularly fond of one brand or the other, but in this field I've grown to appreciate dell's craftsmanship.

On a final note, the most difficult laptop I've ever taken apart was called a medion. Dont think they're in business anymore (thankfully), the laptop was machine pressed together by pressure tabs etc. I ended up being completely unable to reattach the keyboard and the laptop sits today in my closet, waiting for someone to love it once more

JavaJones:
Well, I'm giving him a list of options and that one will be on it, hehe. I just bought an ASUS myself actually, though a higher-end model with a quad core i7. Can't wait to play with it. But yes, that one does look nice with all the access through that one bottom panel.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version