ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Easiest laptop (brand) to take apart ?

<< < (8/12) > >>

Edvard:
Hell, access to the CPU for cleaning is one thing I look for in a desktop system.

4wd:
I own two Acers: a laptop, Travelmate 2210, and a netbook, Aspire One ZG5.

The laptop is easier to disassemble and access all components, pretty much the same as the picture in a previous post.

The AAO is bordering on a nightmare to disassemble and access components but can be done with care, (I've done it 3 times for modding).

Even though the laptop suffered a malfunction just after I bought it, it was repaired and hasn't had a problem since - I've changed the CPU in it, (shows you how old it is - 2005), and upgraded the HDD.

I'd still buy an Acer today because the reasons I bought it are still valid today: price and more importantly, (for me), a real International Warranty.

40hz:
My GF suggests any laptop is easy to take apart if you have a big enough hammer.  :Thmbsup:

Armando:
I'd still buy an Acer today because the reasons I bought it are still valid today: price and more importantly, (for me), a real International Warranty.
-4wd (April 26, 2011, 05:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks -- yes I read about that international warranty.

Ath:
Wouldn't it be feasible to try one of the bto (build to order) laptop suppliers? Usually they assemble some crucial parts at the last stage, just before delivery, so it's quite possible that these machines are easier to dismantle than the 'far-east' produced (and optimally never to be opened) laptops.

You could contact a few and see what they have to offer. (Google should give you better hints then I can, me being in the GMT+1 timezone  ;))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version