ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Easiest laptop (brand) to take apart ?

<< < (7/12) > >>

Armando:
(I would just like to insist that -- while I don't mind -- I never intended to discuss laptop repairs in general... Just easy access to the CPU. Please see my previous post.)

Carol Haynes:
Sorry - as for ease of access to the CPU why do you want it - surely almost all CPUs these days are surface mounted?

Armando:
I'm not sure what more precisions I could add to what I already described in previous post.

SpoilerMy Vostro CPU is effectively surface mounted, but that doesn't solve the disassembly problem.

Like I said, I'm sure that some will consider that a non-issue (or even a stupid one?). But it's become an issue for me after having to open my laptop 3 times in 1.5 y. :)

40hz:
I'm not sure what more precisions I could add to what I already described in previous post.

-Armando (April 25, 2011, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry.  That's right. You did say it was to be able to get to the CPU and fan/heatsink assembly to clean it didn't you.  :-[

Armando:
Thanks. That said -- I enjoy tangents too ! Don't get me wrong... Just wanted to reposition things a bit in the original/right context.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version