ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Does "Not yet upgraded for Firefox 4" also happen to you?

<< < (3/4) > >>

rjbull:
You probably know this already: as noted by cthorpe on Bits du Jour's recent offer on RoboForm Pro v7, RoboForm 6 doesn't work with Firefox 4.

Curt:
-I assume RF version 7 works okay with FF4? I was thinking about buying it because the InformEnter that I have been using doesn't work with FF4 - and now that I have deleted all FF folders, without first backing up (!), I need a new "Pers' Info paster"...

I have already seen a lot of errors in my new FF4, so I guess one or more extensions have not yet been cleaned for bugs. My "manage extensions", doesn't work. Some hotkeys are doing nothing or strange things. And other problems I can't remember right now. Actually I am tempted to remove the entire FF4 setup and re-install FF3.6.16!

rjbull:
-I assume RF version 7 works okay with FF4? I was thinking about buying it because the InformEnter that I have been using doesn't work with FF4-Curt (April 24, 2011, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe so...  but suggest you check.  I started the thread Upgrading RoboForm from v6 to v7: worthwhile?, and at present am not intending to update RoboForm as it's too expensive and I don't want a cloud application.  Lots of people unhappy about Siber Systems' change of license policy, too.  So, if I have to upgrade FF, I'll probably look at Password Depot or maybe Sticky Password rather than automatically change to RF 7.

city_zen:
There are many other add-ons to do full page capture.
-sri (April 23, 2011, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here's a vote for another such add-on: Abduction
Works great!

Curt, I don't know what exactly you're using Babylon for but I cover my dictionary/translation needs inside firefox with the following add-ons:

* Wikilook: Leading dictionary lookup add-on. Fast, light, open source tool that define words for you without need to open new tabs or windows. Wiktionary & Wikipedia. Ctrl or Shift or Alt + RightMouseButton click. Now with thesaurus. 70+ languages supported!
* Fast translation: Easy tranlation tool using Google Translate. Select text and right click to translate. Press CTRL+SHIFT+L to open translation window.
* Globefish: Globefish assists users in reading and writing in a foreign language: (1) users can translate any foreign text simply by highlighting it; (2) users can compare usage frequency of different expressions to check errors and find a better expression.

Curt:
-thank you, city-zen. Very useful extensions, especially the WikiLook!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version