ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's your experience with 3rd party color inkjet ink replacement?

<< < (10/15) > >>

tomos:
I'll just note here - some newer HP inkjets claim to print very cheaply - cheaper than laser (colour laser I presume).
I cant remember the figures but it is pretty cheap for text pages, with original ink.
I'll also note that I presume you only gets the cheap price per page if you prints a lot - otherwise there's always (lots?) ink wasted every time you start the printer...

mouser:
mikiem,
thank you for such a detailed post.

i'll note that i have had a third-party blank ink cartridge leak in my canon printer once.

Stoic Joker:
I've been thinking (scary - I know...) ... And the most truly common cause of death for inkjets (all brands) that I've seen is people not carrying them level.

The cleaning/purge station where the print head is cleaned and "parks" never dries. So if the printer is (not very new and) tipped a bit in transport the ink will dump out of the purge tank and all over inside the printer.

Properly cleaning up this mess (which I've had to do several times), generally costs (in labor) about twice what the printer is worth.

*Shrug* Just thought I'd toss that in. :)

cranioscopical:
Just thought I'd toss that in.

-Stoic Joker (May 20, 2011, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

A very level-headed response…

Stoic Joker:
Just thought I'd toss that in.

-Stoic Joker (May 20, 2011, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

A very level-headed response…
-cranioscopical (May 20, 2011, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tanks for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version