ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's your experience with 3rd party color inkjet ink replacement?

<< < (11/15) > >>

worstje:
Not very relevant but definitely worth sharing: a decade old story involving printers, ink, running out of ink, and the users of said commodities. It got a laugh out of me. :)

Stoic Joker:
Not very relevant but definitely worth sharing: a decade old story involving printers, ink, running out of ink, and the users of said commodities. It got a laugh out of me. :)
-worstje (May 20, 2011, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

The managers quickly figured out that if they simply bought the same type of printer that was at the office, they could simply "borrow” an inkjet cartridge from the supply room instead of spending an arm and a leg at CompUSA to buy one. It wasn't long after that when the bean counters realized that the department was spending over $1,000 a month in ink cartridges for an office staff of twenty.
--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D

cranioscopical:

A very level-headed response…
-cranioscopical (May 20, 2011, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tanks for that.
-Stoic Joker (May 20, 2011, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure you could ink in a reservoir of knowledge... or perhaps write an ess eh?

MilesAhead:
mikiem,
thank you for such a detailed post.

i'll note that i have had a third-party blank ink cartridge leak in my canon printer once.
-mouser (May 20, 2011, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never had a real leak problem.  I did notice that the refab cartridges can vary as to removing the tape before insertion.  On some if you pull off the tape it loses the vacuum and ink starts making its way out the cartridge before you can get it into place. I think I remember having good luck disregarding the instructions and snapping the thing in before pulling the tape off the top.

Could be an incorrect printing on the instruction, or a disgruntled current employee at the refab mill. :)

tomos:

A very level-headed response…
-cranioscopical (May 20, 2011, 12:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tanks for that.
-Stoic Joker (May 20, 2011, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm sure you could ink in a reservoir of knowledge... or perhaps write an ess eh?
-cranioscopical (May 20, 2011, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

sometimes I just havent got a clue what yous people are on about...

[revenge] manchmal denke ich, dass die ein andere Sprache sprechen, da drüben - oder ist es nur mich? [/with apologies to native speakers for any errors :p]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version