ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Review Day: Saturday -> Monday

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
ok, it was getting harder and harder to hit the saturday deadlines for reviews, given that the weekend is the best time to do the bulk of the work.  So i've changed it to Monday.

The aim will be to have reviews available monday morning.

I think it makes a little more sense and it's a little easier deadline as well.

tenseiken:
I couldn't agree more.  It was tough to do so much of the work Friday evening and Saturday.  An extra day should be most helpful.

But I bet you're secretly running behind this week... =p

JeffK:
Don't stress yourself mouser.  I'm sure most members are very happy to have access to the reviews and other benefits of the site.  A few days or weeks wait won't hurt us.

Jeff

zridling:
This is a good idea, but something I wonder is the commitment to a review every single week. That's a brutal schedule, especially since there is plenty of other contributing writers on the site between the blogs and forum activity. The amount of energy alone that it takes to sift through the features — or lack thereof — of so many apps within a category is mindblowing. Why not consider doing the current, extended reviews once a month or every three weeks, but having smaller, capsule reviews of 1-2 related apps in between?

The first reason I suggest this is, if you peruse the site right now, there is a significant amount of content available, and a newcomer would spend quite a bit of time reading to catch up on the reviews alone. Look at how the columnists' posts have filled out now. And the second reason I suggest it is burnout. Like any columnist or heavy duty blogger, they need to build in natural breaks to get away and reenergize their brains.

mouser:
here's another idea that is sort of a combination of various ideas rolled up into one:

we could make all reviews like 2 part (2 week things),

where the first week would be a sort of short intro to the category and maybe a capsule overview and first impressions of
various programs, and then a week later the final conclusion award/review.

and in that week period, we could talk about issues and update the first part regularly as our discussions unfold,
leading finally to the conclusion review and award.

that approach might also help out in terms of having the review develop over the course of the week allowing us to get better feedback in the process.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version