ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

I think we should close the Company Complaints and Compliments Section

(1/12) > >>

mouser:
I think we should close the Company Complaints and Compliments Section.

This issue came up a year or so ago when we had another thread or two that just seemed to bring out the worst in everyone, and having a dedicated section for this stuff seems to give the discussions disproportionate weight and importance that doesn't reflect the spirit and focus of the site.

I'm not saying people shouldn't post legitimate complaints when they have them, I just don't think the idea of having a dedicated forum section for it is helping anyone.

It seems to encourage the worst behavior in everyone and act as a giant incentive to the worst tendencies in people, and i think it's probably too inviting a target for companies who want to promote themselves or hurt their competition.

If people have complaints or compliments they can post them in one of the other sections of the forum.  

So i propose that we move all of the posts in this section to the general software section or living room as appropriate and then remove the empty Complaints section.  Thoughts?

tomos:

Fair enough

Renegade:
Sounds good.

skwire:
Hear, hear.  *raises his coffee mug*

40hz:
It did seem to keep it largely confined to that one spot rather than all over the Living Room or General Software sections.

But if it's just becoming a free-standing 'slag zone' perhaps we are better off without it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version