ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

High Speed Source Code Viewer [portable, freeware available]

<< < (3/5) > >>

Jibz:
Seems like a nice tool :Thmbsup:.

One issue: I haven't been able to get it to not read my Mercurial folders -- I added '!\.hg' to the sub directory filter in the settings, but it still loads all the files from there.

Maybe it would even be a good idea to exclude folders from SCM software by default?

stahlworks:
If you add literally "!\.hg" it will skip all sub folders called exactly ".hg" but not, for example, "foo.hg".
If that's what you intend, it should work.

According to SFK syntax (which DView uses), if you add instead "!.hg" it should skip all sub folders
ending with ".hg". However, there is a bug somewhere, so actually that doesn't work right now.

But you may use this workaround: "!*.hg" and then it should skip all sub folders ending with ".hg".

Please try and give feedback.

Jibz:
I literally want to skip any subfolders named exactly '.hg'.

Even though the masks are saved in the config file, they do not get applied before I open the settings dialog and press 'reload workspace with new settings'.

Using the mask '!\.hg' works if the .hg folder is nested inside a folder below the current level, but not if it is at the level where I run dview. The same goes for '!\tmp' btw, I guess maybe you are just matching against the path, which does not start with a backslash if the file is directly below the current folder.

As an example, if I am standing in a folder with a subfolder called 'tmp' or '.hg' and do 'dview .' then they are both loaded. I can then go into settings and press reload with new settings, and nothing changes. If I go up one level, 'cd ..', and do 'dview .' again, they are still there, but going into the settings and pressing reload now removes them (assumingly because they are now 'foo\tmp\file.txt' and 'foo\.hg\file.txt').

stahlworks:
OK, as it is now, it makes a difference if you

1) load something instantly when running DView from the command line

2) or run DView without parameters, and then load something interactively by "Open",
   or by reloading the workspace from Setup.

In case 1), DView will ignore your Setup / workspace filter settings.
This is because you should specify all filters directly on the command line.
Please try this:

--- ---dview -dir . !*.hg
And it should work. The whole formal syntax is:

--- ---dview -dir rootFolder1 [root2] ... [!dirmask1] [!dirmask2] ...
         -file includePattern [include2] ... [!excludePattern] ...
You may also download the Swiss File Knife, then type sfk help select or sfk list
for syntax and examples of file selection - but I see that neither the DView or SFK help text
tell anything about the exclusion of sub folders by file extension. This will be fixed.

Jibz:
In case 1), DView will ignore your Setup / workspace filter settings.
This is because you should specify all filters directly on the command line.
-stahlworks (September 15, 2011, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for the clarification. Can I suggest that instead it loads the configuration file, and any command line options override the settings in it? :)

Please try this:

--- ---dview -dir . !*.hg-stahlworks (September 15, 2011, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

That works, but will exclude any folders with '.hg' anywhere in their name. I think the real problem here is that the first level of subfolders are listed without a backslash at the beginning, so matching '!\tmp\' will not match their names. I could be wrong though.

It seems like there is no way to exclude an exact folder name that is a direct subfolder of the root of the tree that dview reads?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version