ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Apple - not quite grasping the concept of privacy.

<< < (3/9) > >>

Renegade:
It says that "Apple and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Apple computer or device.-The Article
--- End quote ---

Are you F'ing Kidding Me??!? This rather implies an involuntary upload mechanism.

This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Apple and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.-The Article
--- End quote ---

Oh The Hell It Don't. What is the consistent night time location. Now look up the address to see who's house that is ... Yours! Not exactly a freaking mystery now is it?
-Stoic Joker (April 21, 2011, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or use the phone data that's available that will personally identify you...

Privacy is an illusion.

Stoic Joker:
Just thought it would be appropriate to mention this here since so many of you are obviously using iPhones.
-nosh (April 21, 2011, 07:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Alright now, don't be starting any rumors ... iLife was banned from my universe long ago.

Renegade:
Here's how Samsung treats the issue (from the developer tutorial on location based services):

Apple - not quite grasping the concept of privacy.

Tutorial is here (PDF).

i.e. Explicit consent must be given by the user for each application, and only applications that are verified to have an acceptable privacy policy can even have access to those portions of the SDK.

40hz:
Oh I think Apple has grasped the issue of privacy just fine.

And now that they've grasped it, they're trying to drag it into the bushes and murder it. ;D

nudone:
Oh I think Apple has grasped the issue of privacy just fine.

And now that they've grasped it, they're trying to drag it into the bushes and murder it. ;D
-40hz (April 21, 2011, 01:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

heheheh, good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version