ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

IntelliJ IDEs up to 50% off until 30th April 2011

<< < (2/2)

Renegade:
I've heard from some Java developers that they like IntelliJ best out of all the Java IDEs.-Renegade (April 20, 2011, 06:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
IDE's are as religious a subject as 'the proper programming language' to a lot of developers, so I won't (re)start that discussion here :P
-Ath (April 20, 2011, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Very true!

But it never hurts to be open minded and check out some other things. Even if you don't like it in the end, you at least know from first hand experience.

housetier:
I have had excellent experience with Jetbrain's PhpStorm. If IntelliJ is similar I expect it to be excellent as well. Some of my hater-friends (they like to rant) like IntelliJ a lot.

bscott:
I should have given this the title JetBrains IDEs up to 50% off until 30th April 2011.

mwb1100:
JetBrains does good work; their stuff is worth checking out (as Renegade said), even if you ultimately decide it's not to your liking.  The one thing their IDE's do that drives me crazy is make it difficult to do 'non project' file operations.  For example (I'm not sure if these apply to all their IDEs), you can't open an arbitrary text file in the editor, you can only open files that are part of the project; you can't "Save as...", you have to use a refactoring menu option to rename a file.

As irritating as these things are to me at times, I still use their IDEs for the small amount of Ruby-related work I do and sometimes for PHP work.

bscott:
After evaluating PHPStorm/PyCharm/IntelliJ IDEA and Wingware IDEs I have now bought IntelliJ IDEA at 40% off. Although IntelliJ includes PHPStorm and PyCharm they are a little out of step, with the language specific IDEs being slightly ahead. So, for example, whilst Python remote debugging works in PyCharm it currently doesn't in ItelliJ IDEA with the PyCharm plug-in. There are several other minor differences as a result of PyCharm/PHPStorm being built with later releases of the core IntelliJ platform.

I really liked Wing IDE with it's major plus points for me being the debugger and Mako template support but in the end the multi language support and 40% discount won the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version