ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone here using a standing desk?

<< < (7/23) > >>

Stoic Joker:
I told him if I stuck two fingers up my ass I could probably whistle, but I wasn't about to try that either...-Stoic Joker (April 21, 2011, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Don't diss prostate massaging 'til you've tried it! :P-f0dder (April 21, 2011, 12:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

LOL Now that's the funniest damn thing I've heard in long time!

cranioscopical:
I would slide forwards - but my trousers would stay in the same place
-tomos (April 21, 2011, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank goodness you didn't go in reverse!

40hz:
--- End quote ---

-cranioscopical (April 21, 2011, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Chris is a no "ands" "ifs" or "butts" kind of guy about that sort of thing.  ;)

mwb1100:
--- End quote ---

-cranioscopical (April 21, 2011, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think the fix for both those problems is to stick two fingers up yer...

app103:
I used to use a standing desk at a job that had them to save space. I only worked there 3 days a week, on weekends (Fri-Sat-Sun) answering phones and writing down orders. Halfway through the day (often sooner) my feet would start killing me. I would end up having to grab a chair and adjust the height so I could rest one knee on it, in order to keep one foot off the floor, alternating feet, for the rest of the day.

My employer wasn't too crazy about this, as it created an issue because my desk was located in a high traffic area and the presence of the chair and my foot sticking out created a bit of an obstruction problem. (she kept walking into my foot)

Even with doing this, Monday morning I'd start my day off with my feet still killing me and the pain wouldn't go away enough for me to be fully functional till about Wednesday.

You don't really move around as much as you would think with a standing desk, and that was the problem for me. I can walk for hours without any pain, but standing in one place too long will bother me.

I used to think it was my shoes that were to blame, but after years of experience and plenty of different shoe types, I have learned otherwise. It's the lack of motion.

When I am at a sit down desk, my feet are almost always in motion, flexing and bending, all day. At a stand up desk, they are not.

I suppose if my desk had been attached to a treadmill, I wouldn't have had the foot problems that I had with the standing desk, but then it would have taken up much more space that we really didn't have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version