ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Is Amazon the new Apple?

<< < (2/5) > >>

tomos:
On their developer blog, Amazon responded the following day, stating simply that the policy in question was from a dated text file, and that a PDF elsewhere on the site contained the correct terms.

The response seems fishy. The IGDA's letter states that they reached out to Amazon several times and that Amazon were unwilling to change terms. If it were simply a matter of referencing the wrong terms, surely they would have pointed that out. Secondly, Amazon's response doesn't actually address the concerns stated in the IGDA letter. Even taking Amazon's 'correction' into account, many of the IGDA's concerns still seem valid.-http://www.kimpallister.com/2011/04/implications-of-amazon-igda-spat.html
--- End quote ---
-Deozaan (April 19, 2011, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

seems like that (if it were true) would be fairly easy to check...

Renegade:
This is conceptually on topic - planned obsolescence.

http://www.truththeory.org/the-light-bulb-conspiracy/

The way that Amazon will remove your product that you've purchased is conceptually analogous to planned obsolescence. It's just the digital version of it.

Anyways, it's an excellent video for anyone that is interested. If you watch it, it will become more apparent how/why I'm comparing things that way.

f0dder:
But they're delivering infinite growth and managing stakeholder benefits with increased value propositions for stock holders and buzz market 3.0 showing social network integration success that raises brand recognition and promotes sustained market penetration and higher market share in value-added markets in socially driven...

I'm not surprised at all.-Renegade (April 19, 2011, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ugh, I almost vomited when I read that.

Renegade:
But they're delivering infinite growth and managing stakeholder benefits with increased value propositions for stock holders and buzz market 3.0 showing social network integration success that raises brand recognition and promotes sustained market penetration and higher market share in value-added markets in socially driven...

--- End quote ---
-f0dder (April 20, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

"You can't handle the truth~!"

Hahahahaha~! :P :D

Stoic Joker:

--- End quote ---
-f0dder (April 20, 2011, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too, but fortunately I was skimming so it didn't fully register all at once.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version