ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Complaint about Bartels Media \ the PhraseExpress people

<< < (9/12) > >>

Renegade:
There was a negative response from some members initially which, while potentially also overblown, I took to be partly driven by some past issues with BartelsMedia's participation in forum threads. Whether that's appropriate or not, it seemed like a factor. So I'll grant that probably contributed to the thread's downward spiral, but I think more measured and professional messages from Bartels would have prevented an initial response being so negative, as well as further negativity in the thread. Not to mention previous posts in other threads.
-JavaJones (April 20, 2011, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know the other threads. I saw mention of them, but didn't bother to look.

It's not necessarily "fair" but as a company I believe it's always best to take the high road and maintain a level of professionalism no matter what you're dealing with. Sometimes silence can also be the best course, frustrating as it may be to not say anything.
-JavaJones (April 20, 2011, 08:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Very true.

mahesh2k:
That's one case. I wouldn't bet on it though.
The risk is much greater for a small company or mISV....
I just went back to read it again. I can't see how it's really all that aggressive...  huh
--- End quote ---
Take another case, you're contributing to opencandy thread, do you see drapps or anyone from their team opening a bounty to shut mouth of anyone opposing opencandy or criticizing their software ? This guy from bartlesmedia did that to wraith, if that's not insulting and aggressive for you then i don't know what else is. Another thing by opening such bounty not only insults DC forum but goes to show that he's interested in making same snarky remarks like OP against customers who they're not satisfied with any of their service. If you think of this as aggressive marketing and want to ignore attacks made on developers who build software similar to phraseexpress then i dont know what to say. 

There are dozens of utilities made by hobbyists that promise to deliver the one or the other PhraseExpress feature.However, you will quickly experience that if you take a closer look at the actual implementation that it is not as professional and carefully designed as you experienced it with PhraseExpress.
--- End quote ---
I really hope software industry is much better without these type of folks who can't even get along with competition.

That aside i guess you do know about bartlesmedia's fake profile spree - mattphoes, mitch etc etc. Not just on DC but on other forums to badmouth anyone who's against phraseexpress by hiding behind persona to help their brand.

Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with BartelsMedia's first post in this thread. When someone starts wailing on you, it's pretty hard to defend yourself without throwing a few punches.
--- End quote ---
If this is his first time with such thread, sure i do agree with you on that one. Considering his way of attacking competitors, users and anyone who wishes to review/criticize phraseexpress, i'm not in position to give him one plus point on any accounts. I'm sure you're not aware of his attacks on directaccess author and their software. On that page, tell me how many reputable software authors jump on public forums by opening fake accounts to defend their product or attack their users with the excuse of brand management ?

nosh:
Bartels Media, I applaud you. Not many companies have such satisfied users who join forums just to plug a software they're so happy with and then vanish permanently. Don't let the naysayers get you down.  :up: /SARCASM

tomos:
@BartelsMedia,
personally I think the first post should have been deleted (as a first post, I dont think it's on) but there is a tradition of non-censorship here (I'm not a moderator btw).
I certainly dont support it (the first post) and dont really see the point of it.

I actually thought your first response was fair enough, but I took you up on one thing you said, because I thought it was unreasonable:
But if you re-read their post [OP] you will see that this is an assumption as well:-

Now, as you seem to be an established DC member, would you please tell us the reason why you don't post with your real DC account but use a dummy account for that? Is it, because you are a jealous competitor or is it, because you know that your posting is not true and you don't want to harm your real account's reputation?
-BartelsMedia (April 20, 2011, 03:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
-tomos (April 20, 2011, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
at which stage you took off - in the style of the OP (or worse)

I think this thread should be locked at this stage.

bmms:
I think this thread should be locked at this stage.
--- End quote ---

This thread should not only be locked but deleted. I would love to see if this forum finally would stop making a business out of giving anonymous trolls a platform to spread unsubstantial rants with the sole purpose of harming business reputation.

We really have no problems if you express that you had any issues with our products. But it should be done in a respectful and appropriate manner. This extremely hostile and invalid posting really is intolerable. Take it down.

This thread has nothing to do with free speech - If DC ever wanted to be taken as a serious platform, it should reserve some control to allow keeping a minimum of mutual respect. It seems to be necessary as some unfortunate parts of this forum community itself is obviously lacking that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version