ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Server - Apache problem running out of memory

<< < (2/2)

cranioscopical:

Well, here it's like watching treacle pour over molasses but it certainly makes one appreciate 'normal service'.

I'm sure it'll be fixed one way or another.
Keep smiling!

Stoic Joker:
First of all, while mouser states "we don't know" he really means "he doesn't know" :) I tried to explain, but oh well...-Gothi[c] (April 19, 2011, 08:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the clarification, it makes the story much less frightening... :)

I've never worked with Apache (I'm an MS/IIS guy), but I googled the Apache exhausts memory under load thing and it seems a rather common problem. There were some really bad hiccups early this afternoon 12-1 (EDT). And I was wondering if that was SoftLayer, or a lunch activity peek close to 20? (I guess both is possible)

Anyhow, how do the Keep-Alives factor into this, or (are they disabled) don't they?

Shades:
Maybe a stupid and very obvious one, but:  is it not possible to add more (physical) RAM to the (virtual) server?

Renegade:
SoftLayer's handling of the issue has been horrible and at this point I wouldn't feel at all comfortable recommending them to anyone as a hosting solution.  In the past i've recommended SoftLayer on the basis that they may be more expensive, but they are more stable and reliable.  But this experience has turned all of that around.
-mouser (April 19, 2011, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've had good luck so far with them and no problems. My serves are all in the Texas data centers though.

Ath:
As of about 16 hours the performance is a lot better now.

Refreshing the forum frontpage now is only severely slowed down while waiting for 'static.addtoany.com', but got that solved by adding
--- ---127.0.0.1 static.addtoany.com to my hosts file :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version