Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 06:23:10 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Splicing a vertical section of an image  (Read 1645 times)
dluby
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 05, 2011, 10:19:54 AM »

Hi,

I thought I did this before but I can't get it to work now, read on.

I have an image taken by screenshot captor that is roughly 1264*53 pixels, so it is quite wide but not that high.  I want to splice out a vertical section but each time I highlight the appropriate section and click splice, the whole image is removed.

I tried looking at the manual that comes with version 2.97.03 but it doesn't mention splicing under the SpecialFX menu help.  What am I doing wrong?

Damian
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 10:45:57 AM »

the problem may lie in how sc decides whether you want to do a vertical or horizontal slice, which is to compare the width vs height of the selected region and do a horizontal slice if the width of the selected region is greater then the height.

there are degenerate cases that can confuse it.. perhaps i should change it to look at the aspect ratio or make entries to explicitly tell it horizontal or vertical.

does that make sense? if not can you send me the image you are trying to slice and instructions for how to reproduce?
dluby
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:26:47 AM »

I'd be happy with the explicit instructions to split horizontally/vertically but if you can find a workaround that's fine with me.

I've attached the image that I used.

Thanks.

* Screenshot - 05_09_2011 , 14_51_04.png (3.18 KB, 1264x63 - viewed 111 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 06:20:21 AM »

and which area were you trying to splice out?

what i might do is just add a check so that if its not obvious whether you are trying to do a horizontal or vertical splice SC will ask you.
dluby
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 01:42:13 AM »

Hi Mouser,

I have attached a screenshot highlighting the sections I'd like to splice.

Did you get a chance to look at the other issue I had with splicing?: http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=26455.0

Thanks

* Sample Image.png (3.72 KB, 1264x63 - viewed 105 times.)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 05:35:05 AM »

Should be fixed in the latest beta, let me know:
http://www.donationcoder....ScreenshotCaptorSetup.exe
dluby
Charter Member

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 07:51:15 AM »

Yep, that looks good to me. I got the message to confirm what splice I want to perform on that particular image but not for other 'standard' size screenshots.

Thanks for addressing this so quickly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.026s | Server load: 0.13 ]