ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft Origami

(1/1)

jgpaiva:
No, it has nothing to do with folding paper ;)
But still, looks like a good idea.
Anyone knows something about it?
I found this video, and this article (found on digg.com).
It's some sort of mini laptop, with proising features.
I think it was already released (or should be), but i couldn't find anything on microsoft.com .
The really important thing here is the price (i.e. if it's really realy cheaper than a laptop) and the functionality (if it's not a brick-like thing with a bunch of built-in functionalities and no chances of expanding).
 :feedback:

OGroeger:
There is a (german) article on spiegel online (http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/technologie/0,1518,404076,00.html). It's a bit biting written and mentions that Microsoft is trying to do some "viral marketing", meaning that they spread rumours about something to start a hype. What seems to be behind is that on the cebit  samsung will present a tablet pc with intel hardware and running Microsoft XP. The price is about 500-1000 US-Dollars.

Some urls are liste, too:

* project web site: http://www.origamiproject.com/
* marketing video: http://www.pdamexico.net/content/view/2032/2/

brotherS:
Yeah, Tablet PC meets Notebook :) Lets see how many similar portable PCs will be available.

jgpaiva:
Yeah, Tablet PC meets Notebook :) Lets see how many similar portable PCs will be available.
-brotherS (March 17, 2006, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
You know, BrotherS i'm hoping it'll be "tablet pc meets wrist clock" meaning maybe someday, everyone will have one of these.
(actually, i don't use wrist clock  :tellme:)

There already are computers being sold in least-favoured countries at wrist-clock prices.
It'd be nice if that kind of "cheap" technology in conjunction with origami's technology could generate and affordable product, since:
The price is about 500-1000 US-Dollars.
-OGroeger (March 04, 2006, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
That might be a problem :(

brotherS:
-brotherS (March 17, 2006, 05:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
You know, BrotherS i'm hoping it'll be "tablet pc meets wrist clock" meaning maybe someday, everyone will have one of these.
(actually, i don't use wrist clock  :tellme:)
-jgpaiva (March 17, 2006, 05:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I stopped using wrist watches too. But I would only want something you suggest if it has an 10" pull-out screen or something like that :)

There already are computers being sold in least-favoured countries at wrist-clock prices.
It'd be nice if that kind of "cheap" technology in conjunction with origami's technology could generate and affordable product, since:
The price is about 500-1000 US-Dollars.
-OGroeger (March 04, 2006, 11:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
That might be a problem :(

--- End quote ---
I don't think so - just look at the prices of feature-packed new mobile phones...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version