ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

NewsBin Pro $35.00 -> $10.00 *lifetime subscription*

<< < (5/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I've used NewsBin Pro in the past, and I always found it slow and crashy
--- End quote ---

I got in the habit of running with Open All Groups In New Tabs unchecked.  The early 5 versions seemed to use a lot of memory otherwise.  Somewhere along the way, in the middle 5 versions it got very stable. Also I forget what version things were sufficiently automated that I could double-click an .nzb it it was usually processed without intervention. I'd just come back later to an empty download queue.  You can also unrar to another physical drive, which helps reduce thrashing.

If you've totally weened yourself from looking at headers then the alternatives may be sufficient.  But there are some groups I like to watch and it's just easier to get new headers with newsbin.

edit: btw that NzbMatrix is a good deal.  Can't go wrong for a bit over a buck a year. :)

MilesAhead:
The first fixes for V 6 Final are out.  6.01 beta.  See Newsbin main page under Extras.

MilesAhead:
Newsbin 6.10 RC6 is marked as final.  IOW, they expect to release the RC 6 build as 6.10 Final, in a couple of days.  Price with no search is up to $20 now.

I'm running it now.  Seems stable. The main Windows Seven feature I don't think they've figured out yet is how to show the total download progress on the Taskbar.

Paul Keith:
Damn, I missed this. So setting aside the power of usenet, is there any magic bullet/rare warez right now that should make me pay for the discount? That's always my fear for pay to download, never know where the sun might set.

I'm mostly looking for books/e-books. Not really asking for a warez list though. Just wondering if there is currently an item that would make paying now, worth it. Wouldn't want to pay and then spend months trying to look for something to acquire.

MilesAhead:
I would look at cthorpe's post above.
He lists some free/low cost resources.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version