Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 23, 2014, 02:53:31 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Free DonationCoder.com Member Kit: Submit Request.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: DONE: Gracefully close Firefox on PC exit  (Read 23464 times)
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 02:06:42 PM »

thumbs up

just put (a link to) the .ahk script file in Start.
The AutoHotkey program doesn't need to start for the script to work.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 02:08:14 PM by Curt » Logged
DyNama
Supporting Member

Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 02:03:36 PM »

i think Close2Quit works on my new win7 computer too!  Thmbsup
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 02:50:36 PM »

Close2Quit sounds great!  I was looking for something like this last year...

frankell
Participant

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 02:40:43 PM »

"... because I have Firefox placed in Start > Minimized  for the very reason that I do not want to see it before I need to use it."

Hey Curt !
if I well understood you really managed to start Firefox minimized on Windows login !?
I tried many addons + third programs + searched all around the forums ... please tell me how ??
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »

for Firefox 3, not 4, try MinimizeToTray Plus http://codefisher.org/minimizetotray/

sorry, I forgot. I use r2 Startup Delayer > Start minimized.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 05:41:10 PM by Curt » Logged
frankell
Participant

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 05:47:47 PM »

So strange I already checked Minimize to Tray Plus but probably all my tries were on the portable version not the Firefox (3.6.16) default system browser as finally I did this time ! well Curt you made my day !!  Thmbsup
I will be very pleased if you will find something you like (especially icons also animated for Firefox !) on my free Wincustomize gallery  http://frankell.wincustomize.com/
many thanks again !! tongue

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »

I am not sure how MtTPlus is doing its job. To me, it seems like it is putting a one-time-only link in Start every time FF closes. Can you find a link to FF in "Start with Windows"? If so, in this new link, (?. I don't use it this way myself), you will see that MtTPlus has written -turbo as parameter (for Vista). If you add a space and then type -tray, Firefox will start minimized to system tray / notification area. This screenshot is from my Startup Delayer:

Thanks a lot for the link to your page. I will of course go and have a thorough look, but right now it is late night around here, and quite frankly I was only awake & up because I am an old man needing to go and wash my hands afterwards several times each night...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 08:33:13 PM by Curt » Logged
frankell
Participant

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 04:23:25 AM »

good morning !
now in Registry:User\Run I have this permanent new entry
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox" -turbo
I also noticed that my old Firefox startup entry (disabled by AnVirTaskManager) was in Registry:Machine\Run maybe this made the difference !
sorry to not be of any help regarding the main topic ,
have a nice day everybody !  smiley
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.08 ]