ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Virtualization to Create Single EXEs from Mixed Assemblies

<< < (3/5) > >>

Renegade:
Nope. Doesn't seem to work for mixed assemblies.

I didn't try with pure native or pure .NET.

Oh well. Otherwise, it looks like a good product. Just not what I was looking for.

f0dder:
Virtualization is such a fluff word these days, and their "technology" page is very brief - but it seems like they're doing #2 from my post above. Be sure to test extensively on various Windows platforms... the base code to skip Windows PE-executable/DLL loader and do your own is relatively easy, but there's craploads of special case stuff to handle, and you need to hook a lot of API functions in the manually loaded image - and getting all that code right is not trivial.

Renegade:
Virtualization is such a fluff word these days, and their "technology" page is very brief - but it seems like they're doing #2 from my post above. Be sure to test extensively on various Windows platforms... the base code to skip Windows PE-executable/DLL loader and do your own is relatively easy, but there's craploads of special case stuff to handle, and you need to hook a lot of API functions in the manually loaded image - and getting all that code right is not trivial.
-f0dder (April 16, 2011, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

All the more reason to buy rather than build! :)

Renegade:
Well, it looks like the free one doesn't work for mixed assemblies. I've posted here: http://forum.enigmaprotector.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=807 --We'll see what happens.

Still have the other one to try out.
-Renegade (April 16, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, to follow up, the guys a f***ing star! Seriously. The developer is amazing. He's followed up with information and checked the files I sent. Now, the problem isn't solved, but jeez... The developer is trying! That's a lot more than you get from most companies.

Check the forum link in the quote above -- you'll see what I mean.

steeladept:
Glad to hear it!  I found it just yesterday on AlternativeTo when I was looking for Cameyo.  This is another free one like enigma that may, or may not do what you were looking at.  AlternativeTo has a few others in the category as well.  I personally was just seeing what was out there as an alternative to VMware ThinApp which I know is a great product, but rather expensive for individual use - like most VMware products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version